[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Too few gold

Too few gold

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Too few gold

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 am

Agreed. It isn't even that great to get more slots.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby tscho on Wed May 23, 2012 12:26 pm

tscho

Postby Darvin on Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Still, with the new BLUDTUPOWA it should be possible to fireball the magic res one to death.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed May 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Considering I did it without BLUDTUPOWA at all, yes it should definitely be possible.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm

I meant without the crystal ball, but I see what you mean.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 25, 2012 10:24 am

dislekcia

Postby tscho on Fri May 25, 2012 4:30 pm

well somehow i didnt find the scroll in shops when that triggered the bank. i just know that i couldnt upgrade anything at that moment not even the blacksmith (not that its actually usefull to upgrade it early) because i had the limit
tscho

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 25, 2012 6:10 pm

I just started a new profile, and I am finding I am ALWAYS short on gold. Between the gold cap and upgrades costing even more, I'm having to go through an entire section of the map before I can even afford a tier two class needed to start another direction. THis will be even more problematic for new players, as they will quickly get stuck at there first hard dungeon and lose what little cash they have. Also, the game basically pushes you into the western direction, as the free berserker saves you 1,000 coins that you don't even have. I'm practically gold farming. And I am what you call a very experienced veteran. This is a serious problem.

The Avatar

Postby TheJohns on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:32 am

I'm an intermediate player, and I also find this gold problem to be, uhh, problematic.

When I don't complete a run with a lot of stuff prepped, I find myself losing a lot of money, and even if I do succeed, I find myself with a huge net loss. And I don't want to do Purist runs just to get my money back on level. I'm sure the pros can complete their runs most of the time and end up with loads of money, enough to get a couple of bank upgrades, but it's debilitating to anyone less skilled.

I think prep costs should be universally decreased.
TheJohns

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons