Too few gold

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Too few gold

Postby Blovski on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Having cleaned myself out for a locker slot, been having the same problem. Mainly because the flame keeps going onto Slime Pit...

Agree about prep costs going down - especially the double-edged ones. I mean, an altar prep is a whopping 50 gold PLUS the disadvantages that come with it. Think I'm OK with locker items staying the same but the prep costs as they stand can make it pretty rough to earn things back given we've now actually got something to spend the money on.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Especially since buying the new upgrades always bankrupt you.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Warskull on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am

It feels like failure can be very random sometimes, that you just get screwed by a bad boss or bad spawns. So trying to complete quests to progress the game eats up gold. Yet the only way to replenish gold is extremely grindy.

Really the whole way the meta is set-up feels overly punitive. The more you fail early on, the more you have to grind early dungeons to replenish your money, and the less effective those grind methods become. The whole economy system feels out of place.
Warskull

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons