[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Glowing Guardian Retailation

Glowing Guardian Retailation

All things Desktop Dungeons

Glowing Guardian Retailation

Postby tscho on Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 am

the retaliation is too strong in my opinion there are too few cases where someone would benefit from destroying the altar. burning all other altars are actually an option so i dont understand why he shouldnt be.

I would suggest it shouldn't take the potions because he doesn't like touching potions anyway. This wouldn't make him too easygoing.
tscho

Re: Glowing Guardian Retailation

Postby Joist on Tue May 22, 2012 7:34 am

You'd destroy JJ's altar?

You've got balls, kid.
Joist

Postby tscho on Tue May 22, 2012 9:43 am

why not if u either are dead anyway and need that piety for a chance with dracul
or if u start with 2 altar in reach u can start a gamble with no losses
tscho

Postby Joist on Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 am

Good points, I had to look up what GGs was 'cause he's just on my "do not desecrate" list. Yeah it's super steep, could be brought down a bit.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue May 22, 2012 5:09 pm

I agree. Perhaps just your potions?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 pm

The big issue with tweaking GG is that he could very easily swing from being a massive penalty to being no penalty at all. For instance, a Trisword or Alchemist Scroll user who just leaves potions lying in the ground would lose literally nothing in that case. We already had a big problem back in those early days with the Trisword Rogue whose inventory was empty aside from his locker item, who could desecrate GG and literally lose nothing in doing so.

It's entirely possible to liquidate your inventory of value and turn everything into CP. The only time GG's penalty ever means anything is if the item in question is literally so valuable you cannot ever afford to lose it... in which case GG's penalty is unbearably high.

On the other hand, Earthmother and Binlor have pretty wimpy punishments. Especially now that a burn salve cures all corrosion, the Earthmother is a bit of a joke in that regard. For characters with no resists, Binlor is easy prey as well. When you compare that to a 50% chance of instant and irrevocable death... well, there's a reason 90% of (non-agnostic collar) altar desecrations I perform are against those two.
Darvin

Postby Sythion on Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Sythion

Postby Sythion on Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Sythion

Postby Darvin on Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons