[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Diablo 3 came out - sorry DD

Diablo 3 came out - sorry DD

All things Desktop Dungeons

Diablo 3 came out - sorry DD

Postby Bloggorus on Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 am

Blizzard captured my heart. I feel like I've cheated on QCF.

Sorry QCF, I'll be back soon enough.
Bloggorus

Re: Diablo 3 came out - sorry DD

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 25, 2012 10:08 am

Hahaha, no worries.

I get pretty annoyed with D3, I really don't like how they've marred an otherwise interesting system that I want to poke at with what I can't help is a completely greed-based unnecessary monetisation system. The whole have to be online to play thing is literally only needed so that the auction house remains free of un-hacked items.

TBH, playing it so far, the game feels more balanced around items than anything else. But then the only way to find really nice weapons is via vendors that you train up, which feels like it's training YOU to use the auction house instead of finding items by playing the actual game... Still enjoying it, but yeah, more thoughts on it later.

P.S. I realise it may sound ironic that I hate the "have to be online to play" thing when DD is online only atmo as well, difference is that we WILL give you the game offline and we don't host the gameplay, that happens on your machine, so no lag in SP ;)
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Fri May 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 am

I love-hate the game too; I live in Australia, and Blizzard decided the closest thing to a local server was Taiwan or the west coast of the US. Getting 300 ping in singleplayer.

I agree that the game pushes you towards the auction house, but I haven't used it at all so far. The game is actually much harder, and requires more skill, and is more interesting, if you don't just buy stuff on the AH. Also the UI for it is appalling, I dont have the patience.

But the online thing is, frankly, amazing. The game is 1000 percent better in multiplayer.

Also, in reference to DD, the fact that all content is server-side means that blizzard can push updates and new content whenever they want.

One of the reasons I am so hoooked on DD is the fact that every Friday something changes. It is super easy with online content to whack in a new class, item or dungeon, balance be damned.

I know the beta and the changes wont last forever, but I imagine blizzard will be drip feeding players content all the time to keep things fresh and expand the game.

Once the beta is finished, would the updates, new content and tweaks really need to stop...?
Bloggorus

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 28, 2012 11:42 am

Hah, I don't know if we could keep up the rate of change that we've managed with the beta... Also, keeping the game updated is going to get a lot harder once its stand-alone. Hmmm.

Also yeah, the AH interface is utterly horrible. Wow.
dislekcia

Postby cyberpunk on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:14 am

haha

this is so funny, because I'm the exact opposite

Diablo 3 is so massively disappointing

whereas Desktop Dungeons is such a genius little gem of a game, i was so impressed with the alpha that Ive paid the $20 to support QCFD

thank you guys for making this =D
cyberpunk

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 am

dislekcia

Postby Sythion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Sythion

Postby Kuranes on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 pm

"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes