[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bead Enthusiast

Bead Enthusiast

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bead Enthusiast

Postby Darvin on Fri May 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm

In all honesty, I'd LOVE a Pactmaker prep that just dropped him by the entrance. Then again, I don't like any of the altar preps having drawbacks.

So I intentionally chose an easily avoidable drawback :)
gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 pm

NOOOOOO! Not mana burn! How about it just makes the Pactmaker your extra altar.

Also, I'm loving GG monks. The beads give you magic res (Woo hoo!), and the extra % from enlightenment combos with the CP for your Orc. Definitely a viable Naga City start, but I'm broke and I see to have awful scumming luck. Just take absolution 10 or so times and you should still have enough piety for enlightenment.

EDIT: Just did it! Not even very hard. I got Feeling Parched and didn't buy any items in the arena. My only glyph was BURNDAYRAZ. I prepped Binlor and did 10 stone hearts for the extra magic res before I converted into GG. Went into the arena at level 7 (post humility). Took out SMM to level up. I converted into Taurog so I could use potions. I finished off Gobb and Frank with the remaining tiles. Next, I fire balled twice and then attacked Medusa. I used the rest of my health on Jörmungadnr and got a mid-fight level up. Fireballed twice and attacked to finish off Medusa and then finished off Jörmungadnr. I used my Fortitude Tonic and beat Aequitas to death. After that it was The Tower of Goo, The Tormented One, and The Iron Man. I attacked The Iron Man until he died. I used Whupaz, fireballs, attacks, and a mid-fight level up to finish of The Tower of Goo. I took out The Tormented One with attacks, fireballs, and a shadenfreude. Kinissch was just a simple matter of regen fighting.

Now the question is who should I take out next? The Avatar? Namtar? The Matron?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Fran on Fri May 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 25, 2012 9:41 pm

With the Stone Sigil: Yes.

If Desecrations are possible: Yes.

If both are possible and you have an agnostic's collar: YES!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri May 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Well, Enlightenment still feels like a false path; still way too much effort for way too little benefit.

Now, I haven't tested this, but it does occur to me that GG's desecration punishment is to take away every item in your inventory. Seems to me Orc Berserkers with a Sensation Stone who are willing to convert everything after worship could probably make good use of that...
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that is what Disleckcia meant when he said that GG's punishment could be beneficial in fringe circumstances.
Sidestepper

Postby Joist on Fri May 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Joist

Postby Fran on Sat May 26, 2012 12:42 am

Fran

Postby Darvin on Sat May 26, 2012 1:37 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons