[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bead Enthusiast

Bead Enthusiast

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bead Enthusiast

Postby gjaustin on Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Martyr Wraps are almost always better for monks.

I've tried out fighter gold, and I'm not sure it's currently possible. I haven't had the best of luck with glyph drops, but right now I usually get down the boss to 67 hp before I run out of steam. Has anyone beaten it now that Platemail works?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sun May 27, 2012 3:10 am

TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sun May 27, 2012 3:16 am

But what if it throws you Gnome Monk in Dragon Isles? No amount of re-rolling that race will work.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Sun May 27, 2012 3:31 am

fall_ark

Postby Bloggorus on Sun May 27, 2012 4:18 am

Bloggorus

Postby Blovski on Sun May 27, 2012 11:13 am

Incidentally, has anyone started using Orcs again now the CP is 90? I'm too lazy to do things like maths so someone who understands it should weigh in...

RE: Veto slots, I'm not too fussed - I like the wide selection of items. Got the one from the thieves' guild golds.

I agree with what was said earlier in the thread about Whuggarbl. I almost never buy it, just because it's so expensive relative to how much use you get out of its effect for most characters, but it's precisely the sort of item I'd love to play around with. I think balanced dagger may also be a bit pricey on initial cost just because it also involves gold cost on use (so relative to Yendor or something the XP gain isn't a great ratio to overall gold cost) and it doesn't give you the same hulking long-term boosts as Trisword or Alch Scroll. I have used it a couple of times and it's a cool idea for dungeons where high-level kills are rough (I've been playing *way* too much slime pit lately) but it needs to be cheaper in one way or another.

Random run would be nice if it gave you some sort of bonus and condition/mini quest. I like the idea a lot though.

Burnt Offering is still too rare to get. Maybe if it were just killing an enemy with burning (even if it granted a smaller amount of piety) it would be noticeable enough to become a part of GG playstyle? At the moment it's more or less just an obtuse thing you try to get at low levels if you don't have anything better to do with the mana.

The goblin showing exp from conversion is great : )

Also, my seals have been fixed. Looking forwards to playing around with new Transmutation - very elegant solution.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

I use Orcs, but mainly for Warlords, Rogues, etc.

+1 to the idea of mini quests.

Also, once you beat the game, the taxidermist is a redundant building. It has a picture of all the monster trophies with
150 g written under them. How about moving the random quest generator in there? Then you could make it something like "A rich merchant has asked that you bring him the head of Stheno the Bewitcher-General. Unfortunately, he is allergic to magical residue, so you'd best avoid glyphs if you want him to pay you." (Beat Hexx Ruins and obtain the Warmonger Badge).

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sun May 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Orcs basically gets used for... well, the exact same things they were used for (what Avatar said), and they're still fairly conversion aggressive, except that now their power is more concentrated early game rather than late.

They're STILL going to lose out to humans late game, so you really need to make sure you get really good use out of your early damage boost (which is quite strong). If you're very wishy washy with conversions, just pick Human.
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I use Orcs for Rogues, Crusaders and maybe Warlords. The Orc's advantage over human is going to be early-game, but with good preps it's questionable whether this actually means anything to you, since you may not even find the right kind of monster to leverage that advantage against.

For characters with low attack bonus, the advantage of orcs is quite small and goes away relatively quickly. By the time you're 4th level, the advantage of Orc over Human is largely gone, and by the time you're 5th level it's completely gone. This is too early in most circumstances to be justifiable.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons