[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Curses, crusades and random nonsense

Curses, crusades and random nonsense

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Curses, crusades and random nonsense

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 pm

One observation about curse is that it's a stealth nerf to IMAWAL. Because IMAWAL removes a monster from play, it reduces your ability to remove curses later on.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:16 pm

I'd LOVE a free GETINDARE. ATM, it's definitely my favorite glyph (WEYTWUT is a close second).

But anyways, BlahBlah is simply too hard for fledgling monk users. Between the tight hallways that hurt regen tactics and blink, Monks are probably the worst choice for Eastern Tundra.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, the Eastern Tundra monk thing is actually something that will need a fair think. Originally designed for Priests, that was probably obvious.

Open terrain is one good immediate suggestion, I like that. The boss would also need to be changed, but I'm reluctant to just make him "Meatman (with lifesteal)" or "Indomitable's little brother (with lifesteal)", so what other sort of traits would make something into Monk kibble in particular?
Nandrew

Postby gjaustin on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:40 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:50 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 pm

@Nandrew: Well, right now he is Lame Evolvia (with lifesteal). There are no traits other than lifesteal that are unused by other (non-vicious) bosses. Give him magic res if you want monk fodder. Magic res or... WAIT! Just remembered counter fireball. Give him Counter Fireball and Lifesteal.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons