I'm noob... and i'm stuck!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: I'm noob... and i'm stuck!

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 am

And also why Taurogs "endelss string of piety based DP's" is in theory broken on a pety farm such as he was. A resource free engame hit is a big deal. Old cydstepp rogues were the singularity of that - build in resource free hit from first strike, random chance of free hits from dodge, and cydstepp used to give them a way to bypass HP as a resource for more "free" hits.

The potions adds to the string of non-taurog, non-old-cydstepp "freebies" (first strike/slow, DP badge, fighter's DP) and with TT and preps you can get a bunch of them, extending the string even further (provided you figure out how to use the damn things). This means you can avoid cydstepp and Taurog (a restrictive deity in some regards) and pull the strat of with TT, who is also a gold farm, and has other nice boons including one where you buy piety for money.

Once I discovred it Old Bleaty stopped being a problem, as with a set of potions and a first strike I could hit him 3 times, and 2 more with any other set of potions. I did have TT minimalist unlock, though.

BUT - the potions do have a distinct advantage over cydstepping in that they avoid debuffs. I originally discovered them while using a TT paladin to clear out VICIOUS Gaan'Telet, and it worked (before the bandit change). It allowed me to go thorugh the Goo Floor without losing reists if I managed my popcorn well enough, which is a big deal.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons