[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Random Questions Thread

Random Questions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Random Questions Thread

Postby onion_knight on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 pm

can someone explain how the reflex potion works? What does guaranteed player retaliation do exactly and how does this interact with first strike?
onion_knight

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 pm

If the target you're attacking has first strike, then reflex potion does nothing and is wasted.

If the target does not have first strike, then reflex potion causes you attack twice, once before the enemy attacks and once after. In this way, it acts as a "double-damage" potion against creatures without first strike. You can still use WEYTWUT or another slow effect to remove the enemy's first strike property to use this potion.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:31 pm

I think TT's punishment should be toned down. It's too dehabilitating.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:47 am

Just re-read the change log to see if I missed anything, and was stymied by this line of text: "Secret dungeons appear more regularly." What is that supposed to mean?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:10 am

I presume that means the ones you need to bust through walls to access.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 am

Hmm... At first I thought they meant the subdungeon that unlocks more dungeons (Has Itsssama Itsssa). It's really unclear.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 am

Since when have the patch notes ever been clear?
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 am

They've been *slightly* clearer recently! :P

I mean, I have a horrible habit of throwing an "air of mystery" over some of my own entries. But it's getting better.

The secret dungeons meant to read "secret subdungeons", and they're the wall-busty ones.

For clarity, secret subdungeons once operated by these rules:

- Secrets only appear after a fixed point in the game (right now, can't summon that to mind, but it's a discrete event trigger)
- A dungeon is flagged as either secret-enabled or not
- Regardless of the dungeon's enablement, secret stairs will not spawn if the terrain doesn't allow it (so never on Labyrinth-style dungeons)
- After that, there was a 50% chance that a secret would spawn

The percent chance has now been removed. Players who know that a particular level contains secret dungeons can actually make it a reliable exploration focus, and worshipping Binlor basically means earning a secret. Gaan-Telet is probably the most favourably affected, because secrets can't ever dig themselves more than one wall tile deep.

We're going to try get some more secret types in this week.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am

That's why I keep getting Namtar secret subdungeons! Wow... That makes Binlor even better than before.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 am

Nandrew

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons