[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Random Questions Thread

Random Questions Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Random Questions Thread

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm

That's kind of funny, for me personally I never use Stone Fist because I don't like to calculate regen fighting from knocking my enemies through walls. For a "character" boon I would rather use Stone Form although -resist boon gets bigger priority.

Stone Soup REALLY needs to become 1 per shot like Enlightenment. You lose too much popcorn EXP otherwise.

Stone Skin... well, the boon it replaced, the "First Strike" boon... that one was really cheap piety wise which made it usable for killing normals. Stone Skin though, you'll usually be running with full 65% from building up the Binlor piety anyway. It's too expensive to use to kill normals and it's also way too expensive if you're fighting a long sustained boss like Frank/Super MM. It would be useful on a theorotical glass cannon physical boss but most of the glass cannons like Aequitas tend to be magical. Bleaty is a physical glass cannon but he deals WAY too much damage for even 65% physical resist to survive.
TigerKnee

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:13 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:13 pm

I agree. Stone form, Stone Heart, and Stone fist are the only Binlor boons that I reliably use. Stone form is especially nice for getting an edge on bosses that are hard to get an edge on (like Frank).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Stone Skin is the boon that you rarely use, but that saves your entire run when you do.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Avatar you jogged my memory! I distinctly remember beating FRANK and BLEATY with a purist Tinker by utilizing Stone Skin like there's no tommorow!

Now that I think about it, anything that enables that is pretty damned good.

However, what with the overlap with ENDISWAL, could Stone Form give you insane "over the cap" phys resists but use a ton of walls/piety? A bit like the Taurog endgame string of freebies, but you'd need walls on top of piety and it only worked on PHYS resistant bosses?
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 am

Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

Better than stone heart! *feint*

But seriously, I'd love a more efficient version. The less walls the better.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am

I ment stone skin, srry about typo.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons