[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, Sorceror needs a reexamination. The boss encourages scumming, in fact, so does the gold one.

The biggest problems are fighter gold, paladin gold, Sorc Gold, and wizard gold.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Really? All you need is GETINDARE and one attack booster to get early kills. You do know there are fortitude tonics and burn salves in those cheats. Also, with the new GETINDARE dodge, Sillyname is a joke. ENDISWALL for one resist hit, dodge, and first strike.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:10 am

Oh. I won in a dozen tries. At least for me, the key was saving the fortitude/burn stuff till I could not kill a monster one level higher than me.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Ok, I figured the Rogue Silver out. You kill the three twerps and get cash for the mantle, which lets you fight the boss. However, the boss is really, really fat and I'm not sure what I need to unlock to make it easier. Having a way to whipe off corrosion would give me acess to gold for shopping, so the witch is a start.

The boss is still a fat bastard, and rogues are skinny. I bet it's doable, and I'm sure I could conserve a lot more resources than I did the two times I gave it a decent shot. Still unsure what makes it reliably doable.

On an unrelated note, I feel like making a "Silly Platemail Earthmother Monk Apriciation Thread". I'm not even sure how the dmg resists stack, but I'm constantly amused while i have it onscreen. It's not even all that powerfull or cost efficent, but it's my new mental image i link to the term "stonewalling" :_D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Unless it's been changed, damage reduction is applied before resists. So it isn't that great against physical damage monsters.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

gjaustin

Postby gjaustin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I just managed to finally beat Thief Gold. The addition of dodge to GETINDARE let me get past a lot of the places I was stuck before.

Of course, it would have helped if I'd realized I'd only need 3 potions to beat the boss. But, I still think that GETINDARE should just start in your inventory.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons