[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Agreed. Or they could make the cheats automatically start within 3 or so steps from you.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

All right! I beat the Sorcerer Silver, and unlocked the oft-maligned-but-in-all-seriousness-underrated-Blue Bead. I used a PISSORF barage.

Having Altars spawn might've had something to do with it, especialy as I had a lucky break with a JJ's refil at 25 mana. :)

I also used the goblin which turned out swell. However I'm sort of using the goblin everywhere I go now.

Sorcerer gold boss looks mean, what with the cramped space and all. Could anyone tell me what he revives as?

Also, did anyone beat fighter gold and how?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Also, i've just unlocked Whurlgarble in Berserker Silver. Awesome and hilarious flavour ^^

And then I find the Warmonger storyline and just... God, that premise ^^ (Bronze's a bit too easy, still working on silver, Hex ruins are probably my favourite level in the game and this... parody, I guess, is totaly awesome XD)
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Yeah, Warlord Silver is debatably the coolest parody in the game.

The Sorcerer Gold Boss revives at 999 health, 999 damage, and 50 DPs. I nearly threw my computer through a wall when I realized I was only half way done.

Right now you need a perfect set-up to beat Fighter Gold, but it is doable.

I beat Sorcerer Silver with Binlor, for Magic Res, and HALPMEH.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Heh, I've been stuck with lvl2 bazzar and only warlord unloced out of tier3 classes for ever -.-' I just cant seem to get the gold -.-'

In other news, I've got the trisword! The writing needs a bit more polishing here and there, but "dat premise" is an epic sucess!What's the catch with Warlord Gold?
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Warlord Gold is HELL. Bleaty is back with 75 damage 450 or so hp and Mana Burn. Alongside Bleaty are the three Bleats. They are all exactly the same as the bosses they sound like. The Tormented Bleat, The Tower of Bleat, and Super Bleat Man. All of this is stuffed in Rock Garden, so you can barely even regenerate enough mana. The plants drop Goat Horns, small space items that give you 5% attack bonus.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Personally, I found Warlord to be one of the easiest Gold challenges. Only Berserker and maybe Rogue are easier.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm

How did you go about solving it, it looks pretty difficult to me...
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 pm

You can't prep anything. It is a gold challenge. It was kind of easy back in the preppable days, but now it is mean. Hmm... the real easy challenges are Berserker, Rogue, Priest, Bloodmage, Thief, and Assassin.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons