[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 am

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 am

Right, so I've just unlocked the 3rd lvl bazzar and I have no clue how to go about unlocking the 3rd tier classes without grinding. They cost 2000 to unlock and I've ran out of gold giving quests AND my economy is dwindling. I never really understood how the "the swimming in money" guys managed to to it or how much time they put into the game...

I also can't figure out exactly how to unlock the "needs all guildhall gold challenges" veto slots with every Guildhall when there seems to be a least one insanely difficult one in all of the guilds.

In other news, if done the Rogue Silver thanks to Fortitude Tonic, Burn Salve and a Generous application of Dracul. I squeezed the map for all it was worth, and funnily enough, I held a Bloody Sigil and a Troll Heart all the way up to the very end. I would've been toast witouth them as they allowed me to buy sanguine and still be dangerous. I got "Unstoppable", but thats probably gthe only way to play this awesome level.

I also managed Priest Silver with a Halfling priest, no Trisword, but I got a gloves of Midas and had acess to Whoopaz and STR potion for the first lvelvup. Not sure if it would be doable without it.

Also did the Monk Silver. Warmonger Orc Monk with Taurog for a while, then switched into EM for Entanglement, then bak to taurog. Kicked ass massively, and a quick dip into EM for entanglement (but immidiately switching out for obvious reasons) should let anyone clear Ick Swamp like it's nobody's bussiness. Martyr Wraps look imba for Burndayraz casters, to boot.

UPDATE: Warmonger Orc Monk with new Martyr Wraps (and a couple of other badges) just trolololoed the Berserker camp which included the SMM and the Bandit lord, with about half the map worth of exploration left and about 0 thought put into it. I'll try pulling this crap at VICIOUS level sometimes, se how it does.

UPDATE: Warmonger Orc Monk with Martyr Wraps just trololololed Ick Swamp with Bleaty as the other boss. I might be on to something here :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Swimming in money happened back when things were cheap to unlock. I started a new profile to test things out and they're going sloooowwww.

On your Update, Berserker Camp is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) Hard dungeon. I once got trapped on half the level and still beat it with Feeling Parched.

On your second Update, I'm glad to see that Martyr Wraps is looking useable now. I've used Whrrgarbl a lot on the Monk, so I'm not surprised your seeing some luck with it's big brother.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad to hear about the Berserker Camp, thankfully it wont set any red flags in my balance testing department.

And you just gave me a swell idea, next time I'm in somewhere with martyr wraps, I'll go for the whurgarble instead of the platemail.

Also, UPDATE: Got the De-Animated helm using the Wm Orc Monk w MW. dooooh.

And - Perpetual question intiative just appeared for some reason. Maybe because I got to only 2 taxidermist trophies left. I got Parched Dwarf Sorceror in Slime Pits. Not too happy about it but it's probably doable, and will hopefully fix my money problems.
Lujo

Postby Fran on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Fran

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Ok, thanks to the perpetual question initiative, I've finally ground up the church. That sounds wrong, but gives acess to whole lots of stuff which I needed. That thing is pure genious, and should become available sooner, and or tweaked. Being stuck with Transmuter runs, however, sucks.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 pm

I think the class upgrades need to be 750 and 1500, because right now they're much to expensive.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Without the Endless Questing Initiativce, 2000 is deffinitely too much for anything that's not a gold sink.

In other news:

I've managed to unlock the bloodmage - I did the Den of danger Paladin part, the Dancing Blades Paladin quest in the Halls of Steel, and... The EQI set me up for a Purist Orc Fighter in Slime Pits. Which I did. Without Platemail, even. Wow. WONNAFYT to get boatloads of exploration-free leveling and Mysteria Piety for the Refresment, then TT for Tiki's Edge and Poison, then EM for Greenblood and Clearance. I also found Whurgarble (and martyr wraps on my last square), so with both burning and Poison, I was able to take both bosses out with barely 1/4 of exploration left. I used up all my potions, but hey... So much went right, and now I have the Bloodmage, can get the essence, and do Gaan'Telet.

Yay!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 am

Agreed, I don't think it is supposed to spawn till after you beat Horratio...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:48 am

Hmmm, regular Gaan'Telet giving me trouble. One time when it looked ok, I ran into AA's. What's the best class for bating regular Gaan'Telet?

In other news, I've unlocked all the guildhalls, so more challenges!

The assasin bronze one was cool and easy-peasy. Burn after reading, lol ^^

The paladin bronze one I still have to figure out (no LEMISI, have to check the map).

The Bloodmage bronze is creepy. Grimdark and serious, hmmm, not sure I'm a fan.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons