[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Is the thief silver challenge a bit too hard?

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm

@Nandrew:vOn the topic of class challenges, what do you think of giving the item in the silver to the player in the gold? In 90% of the cases it is great (especially warlord), and it would take some edge off them.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm also developin a suggestion that player allowance be linked to the number of challenges completed, the way simmilar stuff worked in Alpha. You could up it by one gold per challenge completed. I'd about give a foot to see this implemented. Remove it from bank upgrades if need be, but link it to challenges :) It's something players can try forever without running into money problems, and with substantial benefits.

As your kingdom's heroe's compleate challenges, it earns prestige and rises the confidence of stingy investing vampires. It would be a lot like in the real world banking, really.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Ha! It's also linked to the salesmen demons who give more leniency the more prestigious you are.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:48 am

Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am

HARDER! You are a cruel man, Nandrew, a cruel man indeed.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 pm

OK, more thoughts and reports for anyone interested...

Fighter Silver - seemed devious at first because I went ahead with a human figter and ran into the boss a bit late, so I was pretty shocked by his bigass damage. Went in with a dwarf next time, and managed it. No xp boosting glyphs either, mostly just ENDISWALL, BURNDAYRAZ (here and there) and a LOT of GETINDARE.

I like this one, but I'm not sure about two things. 1) What it looked like to anyone else, and 2) this is another problem I've solved by GETINDARE dodge shennanigans (thief silver). Both times I'm pretty sure I wouldn't've been able to do it any other way.

Rogue Bronze - not sure what to think, again. Like the claustrophobia, but it's the old gloves of midas easy dungeon. Nice, and on other accounts, bronze challenge is bronze.

Still looking into:

Sorcerer Silver - I'm doing something wrong, 3 tries and I gave up. Not sure what's the deal.

Rogue Silver - I just LEMISI'd it and I soooo want to see what it's all about. I do figure I need a way to get a large ammount of gold, but there's a lot of visual and flavourfull stuff I like here allready.

Fighter and Wizard Gold - looking forward to revisiting the factory :) And lol for the Quake arena :)
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I beat fighter silver before the GETINDARE dodge. Not too hard.

Use Binlor in Sorc silver.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:30 pm

The Sorcerer tree will definitely be re-examined when I have the time, though (basically when I check in on the Paladin Gold: my playtest of that one must have been *very* lucky or something). But yeah, aaargh.

Right now, I'm fiddling with Namtar and trying to work my way through the Witch quests to check any bumps and bruises there.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Np, plese don't feel pressuered by my... overactivness these last couple of days. Work's been slow, and I'm putting stuff up here while I can, nobody expects that all that turns out in need of fixing and consideration needs fixing and consideration right away. (or that I'm an objective judge on all the stuff I post argumentatively on the boards)
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons