The "nice" update!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Any class can win with Binlor. I even posted my Orc fighter on the Binlor topic.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Right. Well, it wasn't all that easy without lvl 3 guildhalls unlocked. Managed it with a goblin tinker. Used Binlor, then TT then EM, and just barely squeezed through. If I had WHEYTWUT it would've been a lot easier to save popocorn and get rid of curse (meeeeean debuff). Got the Dragonshield, yay!

Come to think of if, I don't have the 3rd lvl Bazzar unlocked either. And i forgot to use Whoopaz on either boss. And I accidentally used the transmutation scroll on the knockback mace instead of the compression, which cost me mana and walls. And with no WHEYTWUT i had to carry ENDISWAL around for the subdungeon roadblock. No Soul Orb, either. Frankly, I had no buissiness being there in the first place XD

And the place could really do with a proper subdungeon spawn.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Okay, here's my untouchable strategy: Take Binlor, 100 piety, take stone skin 10 times, get up to 50 piety and convert out (preferably GG or Drac), Level up to level 6 or so, set yourself up with a mid-fight level up for the first boss, kill the first boss, go downstairs, use the ENDISWALL from Binlor on the wall and convert it, slayer wand the first dragon guard, fight the last guard and the two elites. The Matron is a piece of cake if you have no curses.

I think the first boss needs to be nerfed a little and the Matron should be buffed slightly. Currently he's harder than the Matron...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Agree with all said, and thanx for the info on the slayer wand working on the belowstairs dragons. Also, the topside boss is quite hard, and the matron should be hard enough without Soul Orb or EM or tons and tons of Schaden.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Are you sure she's hard? I always end up with 65 or so magic res, so that makes her REALLY easy. See what I mean:

Namtar is the only one I have left to 100%!

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:15 pm

I did it with Berserker (duh, don't remember which god), Assassin (used Binlor but I don't know if it's really optimal, not many walls shrug) and Paladin (GG, out of the 3 I picked this guy was the hardest)

Don't have to say why Berserker is an obvious pick.

Once you reach level 9, Assassins can just pick off the level 8 dudes. Be sure to leave fodder to get rid of your curse.

Note that if you spawn both EndIsWall and Weytwut, you can actually bypass a lot of the guard dragons if you're willing to give up access to your God
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:26 pm

WONNAFYT just wouldn't spawn for me. And Avatar, I think I could do it like that if I unlocked more stuff. Also, I tend to go for the 100 Binlor piety, spend 50 on Stoneskin (more mag resist), and then convert, because if I don't I run out of walls. And Berserker has a problem with curse (at least at my level of kingdom development, I tried a coule of times and got nowhere - no WHEYTWUT.
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Just did a clumsy Binlor human sorceror miser run on DI. The matron's damage being where it is, she's no longer a huge problem even if you can't get rid of curse (I got Mystera and pactmaker as my other gods, so bleh - Dracul, EM or even GG would've made the final battle a piece of cake, even TT would probably have been easier - used the XP-potions pact and a transloc'd Yendor to get mid-fight level ups. No soul orb because miser (just a trisword), and I think I used up Schaden earlier to clear out the guards with less curse stacks (not that it helped). I managed to get curse down to 1 for the Matron, but couldn't get rid of it. Even without that she wasn't a big worry (I had a mid-fight level up from potion use and more or less all my potions intact - got the last hit in with some regen fighting and a mana potion).

Binlor abuse being what it is atm, Firstborn is not a problem. Main thing is making sure you can level up a bit, ideally save a ton of popcorn for when you're clearing the downstairs. I imagine in the current build assassin must be silly easy.

@Lujo, I think I put 110-20ish piety into Stoneskin before swapping out - prep smugglers den and keep ten walls free in there if you're worried.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:06 pm

You can always put in 100-120 for max magic res. That leaves you with about 0 walls too, so you won't get so easily clogged. With Cleansing the remaining Dragon Guard is a piece of cake. The best glyph you will ever find is GETINDARE.

Concerning the Firstborn: It's not that he's too hard, it that he's harder than the Matron. I ended up Whupazing him instead of the Matron and it turned out EASIER.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Given the build-up to her, I think the Matron should be the most powerful stand-alone enemy in the game. Heck, I'd go as far as to say she should take up 4 tiles of space and have immunity to knockback/WEYTWUT (since she's supposed to be the last "true" dragon).
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons