[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I'm too dumb to beat a normal Dungeon?

I'm too dumb to beat a normal Dungeon?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: I'm too dumb to beat a normal Dungeon?

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Probably with regards to cheeky it would be best to ignore the "slayer wand" kill altogether, and just count the first "real" kill the player makes.
Darvin

Postby dustinandrews on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Is the Den of Danger easier than Venture Cave? I've now beaten Den of Danger 3 times in a row never once beaten Venture cave despite an double the attempts at venture cave.

Perhaps some gentle encouragement to spend more time in the Den of Danger would help newer players get the hang of things?
dustinandrews

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Really? I find Venture Cave the easier of the two due to its more open layout. Den of Danger tends to be chokey and limit your exploration options, plus it can hide important monsters at the end of long hallways.
Darvin

Postby Fran on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Fran

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 pm

I like Venture Cave more too. You might be getting screwed by bad luck bosses.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 am

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 am

Venture cave does seem harder than the den of danger these days. Probably because of what Nandrew said.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Really? My last Den of Danger run had a hallway with 2 level 8 monsters and 2 level 9 monsters blocking the boss who was Frank. If I didn't have Gods and good shop pulls I would have won.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dustinandrews on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Well, I beat frank in Venture cave with the fighter. I used the wand on the first level 9 I saw (first kill). Then I explored way too much because I didn't intend to have a serious game. I worshipped GG and managed to use enlightenment to ding one regular mid-fight level up to fireball Frank to death. I feel like I played the round a lot worse than some of my other attempts with the exception of getting the most out of my boons from GG and decent use from imawall.

Venture cave still "feels" harder to me than Den of Danger. Maybe because if you lose the den it's because you got hemmed in and you never saw the boss. Where Venture cave you lose because you don't have the resources to beat the boss.

I also feel the difficulty ramp up between easy and normal is too big. Having an "easy" dungeon stick around on the map with a slightly harder random bosses than fixed ones might be one thing to consider.
dustinandrews

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Gratz, Frank isn't easy to beat at all!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons