[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Complicated Tasks Pt 6

Complicated Tasks Pt 6

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Complicated Tasks Pt 6

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 am

I'm considering adjusting Witch 4, 5 and 6 at some point. Also maybe polishing the Magma Mines themselves.
Nandrew

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am

I actually just did this quest last night. Goblin Priest to turn potions into exp, platemail, extra shop, went Binlor midgame, foolishly ran out of walls too early, lowered resists enough to nuke the MR henchman, desecrated to get more piety and maybe switch out to Dracul. Couldn't get enough piety in the end, but no walls meant it was uselessly just sitting there ;) Boss gold drops meant I could afford enough items to use an extra level cannon against the foreman, took him down handily.

I messed up a lot in the run though, it was nowhere near perfect. Still managed the quest though, surprising myself a few times as well.
dislekcia

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am

fall_ark

Postby gjaustin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:04 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Part 5.

Someone was complaining about part 5. I just did it on the first try, against Tower of Goo as my second boss (O.O).

Prepped Taurog, took all his stuff, had platemail preped (forgot to prep compression scroll), didn't buy anything from shops but a STR potion, took two DP's from Taurog to kill the bandit, converted over to JJ, converted all the glyphs and mana potiona I was saving for later, desecrated taurog, took Chaos Avatar after two hits on the goo. He went down to hitting + HP potions. I felt really dopey.

I did find the blood fountain at some point which gave me 5% sanguine, that might've halped (can't tell how much).

I'm honestly confused, I thought I should restart when I saw the goo. Very, very strange. Got Warmonge, DING! max and Unstoppable. Something wasn't right there, I don't think it should've been that easy.

The only things I can't account for in my calculations are the Blood Fountain, the Platemail and the 5% damage boosts off of Taurogs boons. Either it's the combination of the three or just one of them, but something gave me too much power (no shops apart from a potion and no glyphs and still steamrolled, whait what? O.O)

part 6.

Taking a hint from dislexcia I used a goblin priest with platemail, went binlor (was a mistake, really), then found Drac, joined up not knowing lifesteal doesnt work, beat it on account of sanguine and goat subdungeon. and lots of bloodswells, and 2 schadenfraude. I made waaaay too many mistakes and suboptimall stuff to list. A carefull goblin priest of drac with platemail should be able to walk all over this.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Chaos Avatar lowers the resists of all monsters by 20%. So the Goo Blob only had 55% resists. And you add the 10 magic damage from your mana shield.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Well, I guess it has something to do with -20% resists haveing a large impact above 50%. Still, felt pretty goofy altogather.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah, Chaos Avatar is really nice. Especially when you get The Tormented One, The Tower of Goo, and Lord Gobb all in one wave.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons