[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New EM

New EM

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: New EM

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am

Vineform is for the early EM gamers first and foremost. Grabbing a couple while you've only got a few hero levels on you is silly useful. Afterwards, it's still a decent late-game investment if a boon or two takes you out of 1hit-KO territory.

EM is definitely more caster than melee, but her aim is to support spellswords (a build choice which we're trying to make more appealing outside Sorcerer).
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 am

It's working really swell as long as you pack a Platemail ATM. I'm even going Platemail, Small Shield, EM, and having enormous fun. It still has me work for my win/badges, but I don't like one sided stomps anyway :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:50 am

fall_ark

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Another interesting aspect of new EM - hoarder wizards (PQI Havendale...) have a way to circumvent the refreshment conversions. My skepticism about the change was maybe unfounded : ) Still unsure about whether the prep cost is too harsh for early use in most dungeons - I'd be more likely to prep EM and just drop-in late-game for clearance mana than actually use her at the start if she's throwing up six plants per boon.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:47 pm

But when you use Plantation and it spawns 2 plants per bloodpool you won't even be able to get near the boss.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Doesn't plantation only make them on bloodpools? Not tested it but I presumed it would.
Blovski

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 am

Hahahahhaha, I just ran into the Trolling signost subdungeon as... An EM worshiping Warlord (bizzare I know). Ahahahhahahahahaha. It's the EM worshiping Warlord subdungeon :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons