[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New EM

New EM

All things Desktop Dungeons

New EM

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:01 am

I'm really liking the new EM for casters. Greenblood is like a few more built in burning counts, and the "regen 10" mana thing on clearance can be safely hit for about 30-50 mana? Anyone use her on on vicious? Thoughts?

I've used her with platemail users for stacking vine form and entanglement, worked fine I think.

And I've just had a purist Havendale Bridge Elf Wizard run (I actually swapped TO EM from Mysteria (only took a point of mana and Glyph mana conversion boon). EM fueled my fireballing the Troll, the Wraith and Zin Kibaru to death. I think I level catapulted only once, to boot.

How's everybody feeling the new EM?

Related - something fall_ark said made me think I was a doofus. The new XP for wallling up slowed enemies might be good with Entanglement. I only just became aware of this.

Also related - Martyr wraps, if they are global, should be really nice with a caster EM worshiper. Moar quasi-burining goodness!

Unrelated - I used WONNAFYT to pump up early mysteria piety, and eat up slowed popcorn tight away to make blood spots for future massive EM piety boost. Was fun.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: New EM

Postby fall_ark on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 am

fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 am

Entanglement works on plants? o.O
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Can you get the one exp bonus from petrifying a plant? That would be awesome.

Anyways, EM should also be great for a Paladin, as you can use Vine Form early and then clearance to use HALPMEH.

As for Vicious: Namtar would be fairly easy with a convert off Binlor, same thing for Demonlic Library, don't know about the new Naga City, and it probably wouldn't work in Dragon Isles.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:32 pm

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 pm

That was the only way to win before with a Pally. Just reck all of the plants when she spawns them and get rewards in bursts.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 am

Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:02 am

fall_ark

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:25 am

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 am

I never really had a problem with EM to begin with. It was just the power disparity with other gods that was the problem, and I considered gods wich others found baseline to be beyond broken. I always liked the join up, get 100 piety by pressing a button for something you'd have done anyway, grab some nice little perks and convert out.

I even considered her for my third unlock during my TT/GG roflcopter run. Just for stability.

EM getting great caster support and all other fancy perks is just gravy. I do have a couple of thoughts, having played her a bunch recently (sub vicious only, though). Honestly, everytime a prep/get a hold of Platemail and see EM I think "why not".

1) Greenblood and Clearance make her really, really great for casters, especially post-Mysteria, and doubly especialy (:D) if you can snag +1 mana, mystic balance and mana on glyph conversion from Mysteria before opting out. I don't know if this fits in with flavour, but what the hell, it's fun, and I hope it turns out not to be gamebreaking.

2) Her benefits for melee are somewhat wonky, especially considering how good her payoff is to casters these days. I LOVE the synergy between Greenblood and Clearance (the fact that there is any), but Vine form doesn't seem to combo off anything, and if there was a way to have it combo off Entanglement it would make her great (possibly too usefull, like TT is, but WTH).

See, what I do most runs these days (apart roflstomping with Binlor, but that got boring) is prep/buy/steal platemail, and go EM or Mysteria EM. If I go caster EM, I don't really need anything else, but if I go melle EM I feel like I need the Platemail to get mileage out of Vine Form.

Suggestion: Up the cost of Entanglement (and make it incremental), because... really, it's a silly powerfull effect as it is, and making it enabled by walling up a plant is practical as you can spam it, but if you added something more to it that benefited melee, I wouldn't feel like I need an expensive experimental item prep if I wanted to go EM with melee.

Boy, am I redundant :D
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons