The Desktop Dungeons beta is here!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Desktop Dungeons beta is here!

Postby michal.lewtak on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:49 am

dislekcia wrote:Is the battle prediction still not changing right now? I thought that was part of the update just now...

What do you mean? You mean if it doesn't refresh after right clicking to cancel a glyph usage? It doesn't yet. Not a big deal, though.

Suggestion: Please allow us to redefine shortcuts for glyphs/items on the fly, just for a current dungeon run, and also, let us reorganize inventory items even when it's full (I may at some point have picked up 2 physical items and 3 glyphs and seen that now I gotta press 3, 4, and 5 for the glyphs, and on top of that they're not in an order I'd like them to be).
Inventory rows with small items should be movable as one because you'll usually want to have it all grouped anyway.

The game is freaking great. I love how you indtroduce new races and new Gods (force us to learn them before releasing them onto dungeons - you really nailed it).
michal.lewtak

Postby Carl on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:28 pm

dislekcia wrote:
redic wrote:The Beta is quite nice so far but im really missing some good music. Will there ever be music in this game?

Yes. And it will be amazingly awesome for reasons that are not available to the public at this exact moment in time :)

Now I'm just thinking something like World of Goo's soundtrack! That music was amazing!
Carl

Postby michal.lewtak on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Can we have a method of deleting kingdoms? I'm such a content whore, I created a "Temp" kingdom just to see some level 0 building tooltips which I missed, and now I'd like to delete that trash. Also I may want to restart my game some time in the future to replay it with the many balance changes that will surely happen, and deleting the old advanced kingdom to start from stratch with a new one feels better than just creating another one.
Suggestion for the level-up sound: It's good if you remove the two drums; they get irritating after a few dings.
michal.lewtak

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:00 pm

michal.lewtak wrote:What do you mean? You mean if it doesn't refresh after right clicking to cancel a glyph usage? It doesn't yet. Not a big deal, though.

Suggestion: Please allow us to redefine shortcuts for glyphs/items on the fly, just for a current dungeon run, and also, let us reorganize inventory items even when it's full (I may at some point have picked up 2 physical items and 3 glyphs and seen that now I gotta press 3, 4, and 5 for the glyphs, and on top of that they're not in an order I'd like them to be).
Inventory rows with small items should be movable as one because you'll usually want to have it all grouped anyway.

The game is freaking great. I love how you indtroduce new races and new Gods (force us to learn them before releasing them onto dungeons - you really nailed it).

Totally planning the hotkeys thing and the whole slot contents swap thing.

michal.lewtak wrote:Can we have a method of deleting kingdoms? I'm such a content whore, I created a "Temp" kingdom just to see some level 0 building tooltips which I missed, and now I'd like to delete that trash. Also I may want to restart my game some time in the future to replay it with the many balance changes that will surely happen, and deleting the old advanced kingdom to start from stratch with a new one feels better than just creating another one.
Suggestion for the level-up sound: It's good if you remove the two drums; they get irritating after a few dings.

Profile deleting will be possible soon too.
dislekcia

Postby Snowy on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 am

dislekcia wrote:Well, there definitely aren't enough quests yet. We know that, it's kinda that problem and the difficulty curve that the beta is here to help us solve. The idea with the boss trophy value decrease is that you can't grind the same dungeon, you need to go fight more boss types, which have different weaknesses, so you'd use different classes. It's just that right now there are low dungeon numbers, so there are less bosses in the pool.

Awesome--thanks for the answer!

One more request: my little completionist heart loved trying out challenge dungeons with each of the classes, and I get that you might be trying to move away from that... but could there be a "hall of records" in the kingdom that would show which classes have defeated which dungeons and other stats and such? I would really, really, really love that. Please? Pretty please?

ETA: And maybe record how many times you've gotten various medals (Miser, Thirsty, etc) so you can see the broad pattern of your playing style?
Snowy

Postby platypotamus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 am

Snowy wrote:One more request: my little completionist heart loved trying out challenge dungeons with each of the classes, and I get that you might be trying to move away from that... but could there be a "hall of records" in the kingdom that would show which classes have defeated which dungeons and other stats and such? I would really, really, really love that. Please? Pretty please?

ETA: And maybe record how many times you've gotten various medals (Miser, Thirsty, etc) so you can see the broad pattern of your playing style?

I, too, would love some sort of automatic record keeping related to classes/races/medals/preparations.
platypotamus

Postby Mbourgon on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:53 am

One big problem I'm running into - not being able to use the keypad. That's how I normally play, no mouse except when converting runes.
Mbourgon

Postby michal.lewtak on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Mbourgon wrote:One big problem I'm running into - not being able to use the keypad. That's how I normally play, no mouse except when converting runes.

Not even to look at the battle prediction to see if you can kill a stronger enemy?
michal.lewtak

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Snowy wrote:One more request: my little completionist heart loved trying out challenge dungeons with each of the classes, and I get that you might be trying to move away from that... but could there be a "hall of records" in the kingdom that would show which classes have defeated which dungeons and other stats and such? I would really, really, really love that. Please? Pretty please?

Yes, we do record all that. We just need to display it for you... Already have some stuff in the pipeline for dungeon completion by class.
dislekcia

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons