[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Transmuter

Transmuter

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Transmuter

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:03 am

Idunno if people realised this before I disambiguated the glyph description, but bloodpower is only half as drain-y as it used to be and (more importantly) has its penalty reduced further by high MR.

Maybe I'll test BM directly again some time, but for now there's other characters to look at.
Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:07 am

fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:30 am

I agree, It might be time to boost HALPMEH, seeing as curse and numerous other things have ut a bit of a hold on runaway resist strats. And since his biggest gamebreaking issue (old montheism) has been rined in, I'm finding the Paladin (and HALPMEH in genral) just a tiny bit lacking.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Agreed. I no longer use HALPMEH that much even when I find it, so Paladin isn't great.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Considering at least buffing the HALPMEH glyph for the Paladin as a class advantage.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Definately. I still think it's worth considering making the glyph 4 for 4...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:30 pm

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Making BLUDTUPOWA damage reduced by magic resist just adds more combo for Binlor without improving the glyph for characters following other paths. I've said it before and I'll say it again: B2P was only ever an issue for pure casters, Binlor worshippers, and Mystera worshippers. Outside of those narrow roles it was always an average glyph whose sole purpose was optimizing resource-efficiency. Now that it's a net loss of resources, most characters convert it on sight.

While B2P may have some niche applicability in its current (more favourable) conversion rate, the problem is that for the vast majority of characters it's still far more valuable as 100 CP. For the most part, the only thing I use it for this version is to help fill expanded mana pools for characters with 18+ mana. If I don't have that much max mana, I usually convert it on sight.

As for HALPMEH, if it's going to stay at less than a 1:1 ratio, then might I suggest 4 for 5? This means it's no longer penalized by mystic balance and gives it a slightly higher efficiency. I tend to agree with the others that with all the other factors limiting resistance-stacking that its nerf may no longer be needed.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:06 pm

B2P was only a problem because of how broken burning was. Now that burning stacks are based on your level, B2P's nerf makes it a piece of junk.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Agreed; either return it to how it was, or buff it in other ways to bring it to the same level (or higher) of strength. It was a below-average glyph to begin with, and now that the serious exploits are dealt with (biggest one remaining is using Mystera as a piety farm) it's totally unjustified.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons