[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Assorted random thoughts, non-urgent

Assorted random thoughts, non-urgent

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Assorted random thoughts, non-urgent

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:38 am

Venom Sword was made into a small item. It still isn't very useful, other than as conversion fodder.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 am

Still, its affect is lackluster at best, yet it's conversion to gold ratio is a solid 3.125 to 1. It's almost like they want it to be conversion fodder.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:01 am

fall_ark

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 am

booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 am

The thing about the balanced dagger is its usefulness varies HEAVILY on what difficulty dungeon you're in. In Normal and Hard it is a good item, but in Vicious, you need 2 or three levels higher than you killed, as to save up popcorn.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am

I'm puttin all of this stuff up after todays update, and, Avatar - I'm totaly curious as to whay your overused/underused/PQI looks like :)

And as for Gnome Bloodmage, he does Gaan'Telet. I'm doing a video on it. :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 am

[quote=Fall_Ark]The way it is now, Venom Sword might work better as a small item (and change the name to "Potent Venom" or something).

Aside from Mage classes, Elf Warlord and Assassins are awesome as well. You should try them sometime.
Gnomes felt lackluster since the last JJ nerf. Still strong with Mage classes, but mostly does not overshadow elves (Bloodmage aside).... ah who am I kidding. I haven't used Gnomes for a while so I wouldn't know...[/quote]

Personally I tend to prefer gnomes for caster assassins (or goblins if purist) now we've got a big way of upping MP (i.e. mage plate). Especially now EM is such a substantial late-game caster deity and she doesn't really benefit elves at all especially. Elf assassin is still top notch but I find it a bit frustrating having to rush around converting things early to be effective.

I actually really like the balanced dagger now. It's not useful in absolutely every circumstance, but the extra CP, low cost, small slot space and extra few XP normally makes it a good deal.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

@Lujo:
Underused Races: Gnomes - I personally almost always go elf for casters, especially now that their mana potions are 90 CP.
Halflings: I never really use them. I always prefer more damage.
Goblins: I use them occasionally, but I mostly stick with humans or orcs.

Classes: Since I like god conversion antics, I'm finding I'm getting a lot more Paladins, and of course Transmuters

Dungeons: Before they added the oasis, I had almost all slime pits with Warmonger, Purist, and Hoarder.

The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Whoa Mage Plate is good.

Prepped Binlor which turns out to be a mistake - Double Doom has very few walls. Got 27% Magic Resistance (6 Stone Skin + 1 Resistance Down) which exhausted all walls and then converted to Mystera (already late game). Got 2 Magic Boon which boosts my max Mana to about 28 at Lvl 8/9, then blew my piety on Refreshment and Mystic Balance (used Concensus from Pactmaker). In the end I didn't use any potions. I'd consider a Gnome + Mage Plate + Mystera Vicious run now...
fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Try a Gnome Assassin with a Mage Plate. Strong early-game, easy popcorn digestion late-game, and the winning combo of high max MP and lots of mana potions.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons