[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Really Big Sword

Really Big Sword

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Really Big Sword

Postby booooooze on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:26 am

booooooze

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 am

The big difference I'm finding with curse is that it affects temporary resists from ENDISWAL. I used to be able to ignore resist-down with temp resists, but curse shuts down someone using ENDISWAL just as easily as someone using items or boons.
Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:07 am

fall_ark

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 am

Hmm. Dunno. ENDISWAL is also something that I'd argue needs to be put down by a good curse.

I just can't bring myself to make an extremely useful glyph ... well, even more useful. :P And if Binlor is completely blindsided by curses, then I'd heave a sigh of relief and be glad that this god actually *has* a glaring weakness!
Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:33 pm

fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

I think the solution is not balancing Binlor, but balancing the amount of magic damage bosses in Vicious dungeons. Dragon Isles is fine (it wouldn't make too much sense for a dragon to not be magical), but Namtar is the bigger problem. His two biggest hitting forms, throwing 112 damage your way, are both magical.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:52 pm

I agree with what Avatar said, it ties in with my old grievance of there being a rash of VICIOUS bosses with Magic Damage at some point. I think it had something to do with Phy's resistance being more readily avilable (as well as being the go-to strat for a long while), and I guess the game needed a way around it.

The current situation with Magic Damage bosses problem is that players have been given ways to work for their magic resistance, but the gameplay in MagDam boss dungeons revolvs a lot around preps and plays which build magic resists up. This ties in with resistances being another big feature with difficult bosses, and the other part of high-end gameplay revolves around dodging/removing that.

I don't mind Binlor being the go to deity for getting you magic resistance up, or removing resists from stuff, but currently he is sort of the only deity in that bussines. Or rather, the most cost-efficent one at both by far. People seem to need to prep something of that sort, and Binlor is the best at it, but if Binlor can't do it, then nothing probably can. Iguess.

So it might be more about what VICIOUS dungeons demand rather than wether Binlor is good or bad or broken.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:57 pm

I wonder what would happen if the devs made all of Namtar's forms physical for one week...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

No; Temp resistance and easier movement.

Anyways, I like the idea of making curse only on death, but that would cut out most of its teeth. Then Tomithy goes back to being a joke, the Matron's guards and elites lose their edge, and Namtar form two isn't too scary. How about making it not on kill? Just on hit. Or, if you want to try something wacky and crazy, on reveal and hit?

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons