[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Really Big Sword

Really Big Sword

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Really Big Sword

Postby Darvin on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:20 am

Stoneskin as it exists right now is a superb deal. If the boss is a magic-type damage, you just use stoneskin to beat your way through the physical-damage monsters then you have wicked magic resist for the end-game.

Actually, just gave a run-through as Binlor-worshipping Paladin. Appears to me that 8 piety for 4% resistances is on its own an excellent deal, and if you have knockback attack you should have no problem maintaining enough piety to spam stoneskin before every attack on physical-damage opponents. Only issue is avoiding curse.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:22 am

Curse is always the issue when it comes to resists.

Hmm... at the moment, I think curse is a little too strong. Perhaps not giving a curse when they die, capping curses at 5, or healing your curses upon leveling.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:17 am

Remove 1 layer of curse on level-up sounds good.

I think curse-on-kill should stay, but perhaps there should be a way to bypass it. Maybe if the monster is killed with BURNDAYRAZ then you don't get cursed.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:38 am

Good, then curse still acts like a jerk on clean-up, but you can spend 6 mana to prevent it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Nandrew

Postby Nandrew on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:41 pm

And ew, no -- Curse needs to keep its teeth. :P

I mean, I think it would be acceptable to reduce it to *only* curse-on-kill. Maybe (though I would almost certainly spawn more Cursed enemies to compensate). That way, shaking off a curse basically just costs you one popcorn monster, or you gotta live with it in your next battle, or whatever. If you're going to tackle a cursed foe, you should be doing it when you plan on your NEXT fight being simpler.

Also ... hmm. BURNDAYRAZ already laughs at a LOT of monster debuffs. The only real stopping point is the Counter trait, and even that is rare. AND it halves the defense of the otherwise nasty Ani Armours. It would be unfair to let it break through Curse as well.
Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Is there any other effect that could let you avoid it? Knockback?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Nope, I've tried every method killing. If a mosnter with curse dies, you get a layer of curse. Knockback kills would be another potential proposal for avoiding curse, the other being killing while they're slowed.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:21 am

I agree with Darvin here. BURDAYRAZ based characters don't really care about it, while non-BURNDAYRAZers do. Therefore it makes you go out of your way to avoid it.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons