[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Wow... What is your strategy?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:38 pm

(pruned as promised, old Drac related)
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 pm

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... /rogue.jpg

Ok, and there's a rogue win, which translates to "Drac did show up."

The current list of stuff that works is Bloodmage (needs no Drac), Crusader (needs Drac for %res), Tinker and Rogue. I do suspect, however, that Drac makes it doable with anything. Fighter's DING! power probably doesn't put him in a disadvantage tbh.

About the rogue run - nothing fancy here, no BYCEPPS, no gold subudungeon (mistimed glenrick), no alch scroll, no dragonshield, no poison, no mage plate, no refreshment, no hp and mp potions at end fight (or popcorn for that matter).

Extra shop, 40% res (even took a hit of Bloodsteal from Drac!), -25 damage (Platemail and Taurogs Shield), Trisword, Burn salve before the fight (and right after desecrating EM), 70 hp (2 hits of Sanguine before the fight), built in first strike (saved inventory space and mana for GETINDARE), and a million Bloodswells for 2 hits each. And bloodpools ofc (saved them all for the end). Prepped Martyr Wraps and picked up the Tri-Sword.

I had to B2P and first strike my way through the last 2-3 floors on account of not being able to survive a hit from stuff. I used TT for money, Dodge and Edge, taurog for just the armor (took the shield at a later point), Drac for resists and bloodsteal, Mysterea to use up all my potions and farm mana while fireballing the last couple of floors, then went drac for the boss and all the bloodswells, desecrated EM, burn salved and got it on. Crashed on post fight loading screen, the screenie is just before the last hit. I had about 15 bloodpools left and at least 2 bloodswells.

No troll hart, gauntlets and alch scroll makes you work for your s**t, but it's fun! Also, if you see LEMISI, save it and go Poison later using metapiety, if you can save the exploration.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:05 pm

I've thought that Dracul is the best god for quite a while now, so it's interesting to see you starting to come around to that point of view.

He'd be competitive even without Bloodswell!

Edit: Significantly reduced piety gain for drinking blood is probably the best way to balance him out. So that you have to choose between Blood Tithe and Blood Swell, rather than getting both.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:21 pm

It doesn't scale like that though. You simply don't get enough piety to get back 70 health from a bloodpool.

I usually get back around 10-15. It's enough for 2-4 full heals and a large chunk of piety, but not nearly as much as you can get from Gaan'Telet.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Simply making it 1 piety or so for blood pools would seriously help fix the problem.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 pm

gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons