[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:50 pm

(pruned as promised, old Drac related)
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 pm

(pruned as promised, old Drac related)
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Maybe instead you should realize that just because people are not immediately agreeing with you does not mean that they are not listening to you, and after you have laid out the essential elements of your position the sensible thing to do is move on to other things. The devs do listen and they do respond to feedback but they also can't instantly respond to everyone's particular pet issues because they have lots of things they have to do and a plan for what order to do them in.

Kind of like how I feel that I can damn near prove that the locker limitations restrict rather than enhance the game play experience but I am also content with having made my point, confident that it has been read and understood even if not exactly agreed with.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 am

Ok, with the fix to Drac, Gaan'Telet is probably no longer beatable easily. The Bloodmage could still work, and tinker might, but sticking %res on just anything and minding the curse floors is no longer enough.

The change to slayer wand made the opening a bit more difficult in the sense that you cant use it to remove a monster out of the way.

Crusader might still work on account of being immune to everything and getting a free topside altar, but the tweak to how sanguine piety works makes it a bit harder all togather. I'd have to figure out how to manage resources a lot better. I've been using only Goblin Crusaders for hybridization, so a more tanky race might fare better.

I'm almost positive that it shouldn't even be attempted without GETINDARE, though.
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 am

Censorship is not cool. You didn't need to go and do that, I would have liked to have read it.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 am

Tnx for that, but the other thread was made to avoid any further talking about it. The spamming involved happened because gjaustin was sort of trolling me with "doesn't work that way" after I've casualy described how Drac worked on the Rogue run, and I was stupid enough to keep explaining it for 3 posts. Then I remembered that I KNEW how it worked for a while and didn't really care, cut the spam immideately and went to ask the question that mattered - was it intentional?

Otherwise, it was about the unintentional sinergy goldmine, rather specific (not for Gaan'Telet but Drac and %res) and a bit of math about it. It's been menitoned around before, there were suggestions and everything, I just had the perfect and specific example to illustrate it in a facultative matter, but got into an argument with gjaustin, decided I didn't want to catch any more flak about spamming about known issues, and wen't to check wether it was allready resolved.

And since I've been taping that run, rewatching the endgame made me feel a bit sad, which is why I described it in the first place. When Nandrew said it's been fixed, i deleted the damned files (they took almost all of my disk space, and render and upload would take ages), so when I caught flak about the other thread I wanted to bang my head against the wall.

There, all that happened.

Anyway, Gaan'Telet's deffinitely harder now, and I'm actually busy, but I think I may tape a "can't go wrong" Bloodmage run sometimes later today. Editing and uploading it will take a while though.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:21 pm

gjaustin

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:58 pm

I don't think anyone wants you to delete your files. I for one was looking forward to seeing your video and I think that sentiment is shared by everyone (yes, even dislecksia). You are seriously over thinking this. Just tape a run and put it up on the web. We don't have any really Let's Plays and this would be neat.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Ok, taping a run right now. I tried eariler today, and I had a nice interesting opening, but it had a DD crash (not the unity one). It will take a while to get it on you-tube, and the commentary will be sub-optimal, but I'll do my best.

I'll think of it as a test let's play. Hope at least a segment or 2 will be up there by tommorow.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Ok, I got a run taped. It ended in a crash at the last floor before Horatio, but it's still watchable I guess... I'll get to commenting on it and rendering. As a test run.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons