[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Gaan'Telet Revisited

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Err... My bad for asking? If it is my fault, I humbly apologize and didn't intend to start anything.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:25 pm

No no no, your question was legit, it's all fine, there was a big bunch of misunderstandings later on with 3 different parties trying to prevent me from spamming with different assumptions and ways of going about it. One of those parties was me, except other people got paranoid :lol:

EDIT: Vid still rendering. I'm using the fact my wife's away for the weekend so I can use her computer, but the one I'm rendering on had I'ts wireless die two days ago, so making the damned vid is taking more shannenigans than actually going through Gaan'Telet :lol:

And there'll be no fancy effects or anything and I dread to think of what the quality will be, this is just to keep everyone assured that all the taping talk wan't just talk. Some people might even find interesting play there, although I kind of messed up big time with gods at one point and it crashes before the boss. Still, can't do a good one before you make a couple of bad ones, right? I've never done a let's play or commentary before.

EDIT: It's being uploaded on you tube right now. The quality is... Horrifying :lol: But while it was rendering I taped a much better run, and I'll be doing that one with better quality one of these days. Give these 10 minutes a shot while I get my s**t togather and make a proper one (not right now, though)
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2w16Yrb ... e=youtu.be

There. Blurry as all hells, unwatchable on full screen, possibly watchable at 480p on small. I must've messed something up with render settings, as I've rendered DD vids better than this. Having to tape on one computer and render on another might have something to do with why it looks the way it does. The next one will be watchable, and now I got a great run taped - I pull a "pro" stunt on every floor, really educational. Even some nice Bloody Sigil regen fighting for awesome topside level catapults instead of the fiddly stuff in this one.
Lujo

Postby fall_ark on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:37 am

Lujo, you can use movie editing softwares (for example Windows Movie Maker) to cut the blackscreen at the beginning and amplify the sound. Right now it's a bit on the quiet side.
fall_ark

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:51 am

Great job! The video and sound quality weren't awful, and the video is still easily understandable and watchable. Good luck on your next few segments!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:54 am

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 am

Just remember: No pressure, and it doesn't need to be perfect. No one will complain even if it fails.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:27 am

I think I figured out what the problem is. Somehow I recorded at 60 fps, while you-tube reduces it to 30 fps. That's why it's blinking and blurry. I had to install fraps on the recording comp and I seem to have not checked the "lock framerate" button -.-'

If this is the thing, I'll do a new run and put up a segment, with seriously improved both video and sound :)
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am

Anyone by any chance know how to compress a 800X600 vid in Adobe Premiere Pro. This seems to be the issue. I think.

Also, compression seal doesn't work for this, I tried. If there was a RL packmaster I'd be praying to him right now.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons