[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Jehora Jeheyu

Jehora Jeheyu

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Jehora Jeheyu

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 am

JJ wouldn't like you knowing whether it will fail or not; Predictability is the opposite chaos.

Hmm... A more chaotic chaos avatar... How about instead of 200 conversion points it gives you 3-5 (I'm not totally sure, but the boon could even have a random number of effects) random race bonuses. Basically around the board random improvements.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:08 am

fall_ark

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 am

Anyone looking over my post history will likely suspect that I'm some sort of Dev defender.... but having said that, I never felt that there was any chaotic requisite to "Chaos Avatar". I took it as simply: clearly, you are devoted to Me, the God of Chaos, as you have (presumably) managed to accumulate 145+ piety, and therefore, I name you my Avatar, and bestow upon you relatively awesome benefits.

(Having said that, the boons aside from Last Chance seem decidedly un-chaotic, and for a relatively minor price, as well. It's a rare run indeed that I worship JJ and don't take one of each mana and health. Perhaps the reward for sacrificing a health/mana potion should be more random?)
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:12 am

I like the idea of each kill granting a small temporary (one-hit) bonus. In addition to everything else of course.

Hmm... Dodge, First Strike, Stoneskin, Might, Temporary Lifesteal, Knockback, and Poisoned Attack. Heck, anything along those lines. It's never bad, but it's also never really broken. It also gives you incentive not to sit on your 100 piety to get a mid-fight level up on the boss.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:17 am

Regardless, you guys want the current official math / piety conditions for JJ?
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 am

Ofc! :)

(25 characters, I has them)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Fran on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am

Fran

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am

Okay, well, THPOILERTH! (it'll help fill out the wiki, at least)
The following will be accurate once today's update has been released.

JJ performs a piety/punish roll on the following actions:
- Enemy reveal (non-plants only)
- Enemy death (XP-valuable only)
- Successful dodging
- Item conversion
- Casting the following: BYSEPPS, WONAFYT, WEYTWUT, GETINDARE, APHEELSIK, CYDSTEPP

This roll picks a random integer from 1-15, which is compared to an internal "happiness value" for the god which starts at 14. If the rolled number is less than or equal to JJ's happiness, 2-4 piety will be granted and JJ's internal happiness value will be decreased by 1 (to a minimum of 5).

If the rolled number is higher, a minor punishment is inflicted and JJ's happiness increases by 2 (to a maximum of 14 again).

The minor punishments are determined by another roll, from 0 to 10.
0 = poison
1 = burn
2 = health loss
3-5 = weaken
6-8 = corrode
9-10 = curse

This is where it gets a little trickier to describe: each status ailment now has a "reroll threshold", and if the punishment roll lands on an ailment with a threshold that's too high, it rerolls instead of inflicting that punishment. All thresholds start at 0 (except health loss and burn, which start more graciously at 1). The threshold number represents the minimum number of RNG rolls needed in any given punishment check before that particular punishment is available.

Thus -- given starting values as an example -- if the first roll lands on health loss, it will force a reroll. That reroll is then at liberty to inflict health loss OR mana burn. If any ailments exist at a threshold of 2 or more, on the other hand, those are exempt for at least one more RNG.

Whenever a particular punishment is successfully inflicted, that punishment's threshold will permanently increase by 1.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 am

Looks good, and I'm glad the "no revealing plant sillyness" is in there.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Not counting plants... No more abuse in Ick Swamp? That's not nice... The dungeon is hard enough as is.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons