Jehora Jeheyu

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Jehora Jeheyu

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah, but people might complain more now, and it dets fixed. As long as you can breeze through it with JJ, it'll stay too hard dor any other approach, and it's not like youre playing for real if you JJ it.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Fresh from a JJ Paladin run...

I suppose my main objection to the current JJ build is how unchaotic his benefits are. As it stands I can compare taking him as a Paladin directly and unfavourably with GG (for other classes it's more balanced). I *really* like the suggestion a few pages back in this to make him give random bonuses as you play him pre-petition, with petition turning both punishments and bonuses off.

If he offered a very wide mixture of minor (say +1 base attack, +2% to a resistance, 5 gold, 5 health, 1 mana, random tiles re-covered, whatever...) and major (say mana-burn immune, health restoration - big but decidedly rare things to balance against the possibility of screw-you mana drains and health drains) boosts, especially if it's a mixture of long-term and short-term advantages (to make a non-petition JJer have a smattering of small bonuses and the occasional big surprise), I think that'd really promote petition as a choice, and also encourage responsive generalist/a bit of chaotic play for JJ, as well as making JJ offer some unique features that you just won't get in normal play. And all this has the added boost of not undermining the current JJ at all except for the chance of a couple of bonuses.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:44 pm

So what exactly IS his penalty? I did a bunch of Hobbler Runs with him prepped to test it out, and I managed to score on the 4the try.

He hit me with health and mana drain (drain only I think) and an attack % reduction of... no clue, really. I ended up at -13% but I didn't keep track.

I thought he'd turn me into a random old transmuter, what gives? Anyone has facts on this? Being able to flag JJ as an "affordable" desecration would help me out in Gaan'Telet immensly.
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am

Drains 33% max health, mana, and attack bonus. Or *should*. Hrm. Gotta see if I made a mistake there, haven't personally desecrated JJ since the change last week (haven't even seen much, actually, seems to be hiding from my runs).

Try desecrate as early as possible, it's the easiest on your totals.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 pm

It drained my entire current health and mana, was it supposed to do that?

The attack penalty was spot on though.
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I think it drains current as well, yeah. But most importantly ... if it's not lowering your health/mana totals, it's, uh ... it's not working as intended :P
Nandrew

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons