Boss monster suggestion for VICIOUS Gaan'Telet

All things Desktop Dungeons

Boss monster suggestion for VICIOUS Gaan'Telet

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 am

I have a serious suggestion for the VICIOUS Gaan'Telet boss. No it's not removin manaburn from him.

I would love if the boss was the regular HARD version of Horatio, but with "Revives".

He should revive as a beetle, or some sort of insect, called "Unity Crash", with the stats of the current VICIOUS horatio, adjusted to account for the extra HARD horatio.

Thank you.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Boss monster suggestion for VICIOUS Gaan'Telet

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Ha! Now there's a thought...

Actually, I think it would be interesting to change Vicious Gaan-Telet back to 3 floors (like hard), and install a new (and more reasonable) boss. Something like Horratio with every buff in the game (Poison, Mana Burn, Corrosion, Weakening, Curse, 50% of both resists, Counter Fireball, Lifesteal 50%, First Strike, and he switches between physical and magical attack every time you hit him). That would be a much more interesting challenge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Boss monster suggestion for VICIOUS Gaan'Telet

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Rummaged a bit around the web and concluded that the Current Gaan'Telet exceeds Unity limitations which is why it's crashing for me. The crashes thend to happen during sequences where I swap floors a lot rummaigng for conserved resources. They also tend to happen during fights with lots of combat effects. And it may be a matter of playstyle rather than a bad comp.

I'm no pro, but I guess cramming an assload of content into one dungeon simply won't work, the way it works there (and I have no clue how it exactly works there). Naga city doesn't load maps all the time like Gaan'Telet does, so that might have something to do with why you can stack stuff a lot in Naga city.

I do have an idea which might fix this, but it might allready work that way, or it might be impossible to make. If the floors are separate maps, then maybe they should be part of the same map, which you reveal in sections, simmilar to how the old TT subdungeon used to work. It would be bigger than the screen, but it would require less loading (or whatever). If it allready works that way, then I have no clue.

Also, if every animation that hapens on impact (poison, dodges, corrosions, whathave you) put you closer to a limit which ends up in a crash, then there's a limit to how large a dungeon can safely be. Again, you guys are probably aware of all this.

Anyway, I like the 3 or even 5 floor Gaan'Telet suggestion, but I still think that what you're really fighting in that dungeon is not the monsters, not Horatio, not even your own skill - it's the Unity Crash bug!

And being able to kill it symbolicaly would be extremely gratifying.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons