Run scoring?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Run scoring?

Postby Abraxas on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:43 pm

I've just remembered that this was a feature back in the alpha, and now I find myself wondering if the devs plan on bringing it back in some form.

I know I'd like to have something to encourage optimal play beyond just what is needed to beat a dungeon. We already have badges and dungeon completion, but since there's no reason to get any of them more than once per dungeon, you really don't get anything out of a particularly efficient run other than the personal satisfaction of seeing a bunch of badges in the dungeon completion screen. At least a high score would leave a more permanent mark of that achievement.

I also think it'd be particularly interesting if the amount of gold you spent on preparations was subtracted from your final score, giving a tangible reason to pick something between "purist" and "a preparation from each building." There's the gold cost of preparations, sure, but that soon grows mostly irrelevant, so I only find myself picking limited preparations if I feel like challenging myself for the sake of it.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Re: Run scoring?

Postby Darvin on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

I'd really like it we could earn multipliers in dungeon by earning badges to increase our gold haul. It would probably require some re-tweaking of payout, and different dungeons would probably need different base payout, but it would definitely be nice.
Darvin

Return to Desktop Dungeons