[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sassy Mutations

Sassy Mutations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sassy Mutations

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 am

Here's the screenshot I wanted :) BLOODTOPOWA was broken I hear, but I didn't really notice. No resistance removal on my side either, but hey :)

And my victory screen:

"No! You only get the bragging screenshot! You no get gold or badges or anything!" said the Unity Crash the moment I tried to take the throphy out of the dungeon. I was trying deliberately to avoid it this time, and it sort of worked. Anyway, nice update for me :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby squirrelnest on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 am

Hey neat, those guys with 7 (their level) layers of death protection in shifting passages don't now.

I still lost, but I got my character to level 8 before hand this time. No more help guys, I can do this eventually. =)
squirrelnest

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:40 am

Played the new Transmuter. I don't know, what so Transmutey about the guy? That he turns glyphs into strength potions? He should be an Oracle instead, seeing as how he starts with Lemisi

He reminds me of a Sorcerer but instead of having class features that peter out over time, they actively become a hinderance instead.

Don't think of the 3 CP per cast as an advantage, think of it as a ticking time bomb to a Mana Burn. The Sorcerer mana -> health feature isn't really that great once you're like level 8/9/10, but it sure as heck doesn't mana burn you!
TigerKnee

Postby Blovski on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 am

Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 am

Nice stealth route for getting us to test the new Lemmisi : p (I really like it btw)

Transmuter's an interesting one. I'm just using a GG-prepped transmuter to take on the Tower of Goo dungeon. First kill a level 3 goo blob, which isn't something I do much.
Blovski

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

Nandrew

Postby Blovski on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am

OK, done a new transmuter on Northern Desert (whichever the one with the goo is, not tormented soul) with just GG (cleansing ftw, cheeky kill was a level 3 goo blob in melee : ) ) and Slayer Wand prepped. Interesting class, will give it a shot on a vicious dungeon or two. New Lemmisi is very useful. Will try him out more later. Maybe see if NC will work.
Blovski

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am

TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 am

Hint for people using LEMISI, try it with BLOODTOPOWA.

Also, the new LEMISI is like all the "scouting" preps rolled into one, on a stick, and with a CP price attached. I used to use it regularly on resistance regen fighters even before all the buffs, as a poor mans HALPMEH, when HALMEH wouldn't spawn, or when I decided HALPMEH was just plain broken with the old Monks.

The new scouting info is invaluable in unaccountable ways - what to save money for, what to explore, what no to bother with, where the subdungeons are, is there any walled off ones... And using it to refill between fighting higher level monstes or combining it with poison for poison regen fighting bosses is gravy.

I think it was always undervalued outside of specific dungeons because HALPMEH was an obvious "better" healing Glyph, and regen fighting turned out to be a bit of an obscure or advanced technique. Plus, conversion was so strong that people weren't looking for subtle non-mathematical effects but MOAR CP.

It's also a godsend in dungeons where you know there will be a lot of walled off exploration. Gaan'Telet runs with and without it just aren't the same, just for the ease of squeezing exploration from nowhere, for one thing.
Last edited by Lujo on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:53 am

Um, unless I'm walled off, if I just... well, walked instead of using Lemisi, I would be able to use both my MP and HP for regen fighting, but if I regenerated using Lemisi... well, technically I would still be earning MP I guess, but at a MUCH slower rate.
TigerKnee

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons