[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sassy Mutations

Sassy Mutations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sassy Mutations

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Elf Transmuters with 2 badges (20%), 4 boosters (40%), Dwarven Gauntlets (20%), and Mark of courage (10%) have a total of 90%. You could easily reach 200 or so damage...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20 pm

There's always room for a minor buff on the current Transmuter paradigm, our main fears actually concern the open-ended "+3conv per cast" deal. If it turns out that people can't run away with that (or, perhaps, find its effect a little underwhelming) then we can breathe easy and look at smaller revisions.

The races as you described them are about right (though missing comment on the dwarves?). I think triling Transmuters could do some good, though that's obviously a rather specific scenario. I also think there's a bit of play room for the goblins, but I still have to experiment with that properly.
Nandrew

Postby subanark on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Goblins have always been difficult to time their conversion properly. If I have too much (and need to convert to pick something up) still I have to consider if the extra xp which could cause a level up is appropriate use of the resource at that time. Trying to time using the bonus XP so that it either does or doesn't trigger a level up with the transmuter will be tricky, On the plus side I assume that you would have your mana drained before the level up such that none of your mana is wasted when leveling up that way.
subanark

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Darvin

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Aaaaand JJ now crashes the game. Looks like an infinite loop, as the browser becomes completely non-responsive and I never get a crash message. I had triggered piety gain about 5 or 6 times by the time it happens, so it's probably your reroll thing.

Actually considering the piety formula you discussed in the other thread, it might be more interesting if JJ gave more favourable results if you mix things up. If the action that generates piety is different from the previous action you took, then JJ's mood will increase by +1 (essentially reducing the mood penalty if you got rewarded and increasing the mood improvement if you got punished)
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 pm

The transmuter's questline and item make no sense now that he doesn't use walls...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Also, I think I've run out of axes to grind. This update took care of a loooooong time grude. Feels unbelievably good ^^

Also, I might've though of a really sweet workaround for the Bug. I crashed at Horatio again, after quite a bit of fighting and oging up and down floors. Loading maps too much (and to a degree having a lot of "on hit" animations) is what overloads it. If there were some stairs at Horatio, which took me to the toop floor, and some stairs spawned on top floor when I used these for the first time, I think I could fight him and not have to go through the entire 10 floors making the game load up all the maps every time.

Just a thought, for whenever :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Murdus on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Murdus

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons