[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sassy Mutations

Sassy Mutations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sassy Mutations

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:22 am

Not to split hairs, but various iterations of BLUDTOPOWA have me converting at the beginning as well.

And Warlords pretty much can't live without CYDSTEP.
booooooze

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:57 am

fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:14 am

I just realized that absolution is now preferring equal-level monsters over the lowest level available. Bit of an awkward change, makes using absolution as early as possible too critical. Way too high an opportunity cost to jump in and start absolving stuff as a 5th level character.
Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:28 am

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Does anyone know how exactly Drac got changed? And why, what was the deal?

Because when I do the math, he's still the exact same late game asspull Blodswell machine that I used to love and overuse, except now he makes other stuff I also know is powerfull make seem not worth the effort...

Apart from resist stacking, apparently, which he was allready notorious for in my book. There's nothing really preventing anyone from "Monking up" and going to town on anything with him now. If the change was ment to make him a hardocre health strats engine, then there porbably should be a "Reduces your max resists TO 33%" on Bloodswell, not to nerf one while nerfing the other.

How'd he get to be the way he is now?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Strongly agreeing with Darvin here. At level 7, I am looking at knocking off any surviving 7s 8s and 9s to prep the catapult. Losing 7+ xp for 4 hp is a terrible trade. As it is right now Absolution is only useful if you find GG at 1st level (or 2nd if you can snag an immediate Humility).

Extremely late converts don't want Absolution anyways. Even 40 health won't let you soak an extra hit from even the weakest boss. I'd much rather keep the xp and save my piety for Protection. What this change does is punish people who find GG at the middle levels, where 'middle' can begin as early as level 2.
Sidestepper

Postby Nandrew on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:14 am

So the target priority should just be reversed again?

I'll make a note of that somewhere.
Nandrew

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons