[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I can't beat naga city

I can't beat naga city

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: I can't beat naga city

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 pm

I was just imagining X% of their base damage. If resists caused that to go under the lifesteal threshold, they'd lifesteal as much as possible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:04 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Really? Hmm... I guess it is sort of like resists, except it depends on who does more damage. If it is you it's worse than resists, but if it's him it's better. Also their lifesteal can be lowered by resists, DR, etc.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Hmm.. I didn't even remember the shades. It just seems like such a boring mechanic right now. It's like giving a monster randomly boosted hp based on a factor you barely control.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Telling you, I'm not sure about the power issues (either way) of letting them drain your mana for health, but it shure would be "exciting" :D

Even if yo hit them to get rid of the overheal, that's a bunch of exploration you'll never see again. Would tax regen fighters, but at least the health based ones wouldn't be so shafted if they are dedicated. The way it is now, they don't even care too much...
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons