[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Pactmaker

Pactmaker

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Pactmaker

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:35 am

Heh, this thread is a REALLY nice indicator of people's various playstyles.

I reckon the pacts are acceptable as-is ... but yeah, Consensus is hardcore valuable in a lot of situations and it's my most common takeaway from the Pactmaker, too.

As far as common Pactmaker "partners" are concerned ... I find Earthmother to be a pretty good one. By late game, you can easily have 30 piety "spare change" once clearance becomes too expensive. At that point, grabbing Consensus can mean one extra Clearance at most, and most of the other boons have probably been maxed out in practicality too. At that point, Scholar or Alchemist are excellent investments, and with a little forward planning the others work nicely, too.

Scholar is most effective not when you want to avoid a 1-hit KO, but rather a 2-hitter: if you cannot survive a single boss strike with your vanilla stats, you're better off spending the piety on more responsible things like resistance or extra HP.
Nandrew

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Taurog is the best Pactmaker partner.

You get 4 piety from killing a monster and Body Pact costs 4 piety a monster. Spend your extra piety from converting glyphs and killing magic damage monsters on the +15% resist items, and you'll cap out easily.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 am

Nandrew

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons