[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Gold strategies and a "You're an Idiot" button

Gold strategies and a "You're an Idiot" button

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Gold strategies and a "You're an Idiot" button

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 pm

That's totally avoidable if you're paying attention. Furthermore, you don't have to kill every revenant. If there are four revenants and three potential escape routes from your current position, then you only need to kill the two weakest links. With good planning, you can usually just avoid the strongest revenants and knock out the weaker ones as you gain levels.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Except there's tons of spaces where there's only one way out. At that point your only reasonable option is to take a risk that they won't block you.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Hexx Ruins is much more open than that, and you very rarely get tight corridors. It certainly can happen, but if you take your time to explore (it's not like you can save any exploration for the boss fight anyways) you can usually find alternate approaches for the same monster that are less risky. And that's presuming you don't have ENDISWAL, PISORF, or WEYTWUT which can all make for an effective escape if you plan ahead.
Darvin

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Coming back to the "You're an Idiot" button, I think it is an important part of the game that, although you have a death prediction, you can actually die if you act too fast and overlook something (counter fireballs killed me more than they should have...) But it may be a good idea for the first few runs when you start a new profile to make it a little less frustrating.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 pm

I've only just realised that the four immediate regionals aren't actually labelled "HARD", so my question must have sounded rather silly. *slaps forehead*

Interesting feedback in this thread, though. Though also kinda confusing. Not sure how I feel about Rock Garden in particular.

... does it need adjustment?
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:57 pm

On topic, oddly enough not having a tooltip like that is what originally caused me to permanently dislike both the old CYDSTEPP and the Warlord. And also overuse the mouse as a way to activate Glyphs. Waaaay to many accidental deaths for clicking with the mouse first rather than the keyboard shortcut. And just forgetting that I didn't click the darned boon.

Which is kind of funny as I've herd "death protection" being called "missclick protection", and loved for that feature alone.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons