Patches the bad news bear

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Patches the bad news bear

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 am

The attack bonus is 5%.

A prediction would be incredible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:57 am

A prediction of the debuff in particular would be stellar
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 am

Not to rain on anyone's hopefull parade, but a prediction is not what I was looking for. Wouldn't mind it, but it might be too good for crafty vets.

I was asking for a "log". I can deal with the fact that I can't predict what he will do, but I'm really annoyed that I can't easily tell what he allready did. Since he gives perks at level up, and level up changes a bunch of stats (with damage being modified for attack), it's quite difficult to tell what exactly you got without more math than should be necessary.

I didn't even know there was a gold bonus untill Darvin pointed it out. And if I allredy got a hit or two while resist stacking, I have to go through al my boons and items and count every time. Etc etc. And I can't tell how much health he gives - if I knew I got say 3 hits of the health bonus it might inflence my item purchases, this way I have to keep track of every stat increase I took throughout the run AND go through all possible ones to make sure.

It's annoying. It influences me not to prepp him more than potential punishments.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 am

Looking at the code, it would actually be a lot easier for me to just update the item description per level and take that as the "log" route. Prediction may be a little ambitious and require a bit of a rewrite, I've realised.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:14 am

It'll be in the description? Cool!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:15 am

Any code related resons not to simply log it in the "piety" log?

I always sort of imagine it being there, possibly because it's were I always check whenever the "god interactin" sound tells me somethign happened, and I'm not sure what. It's my instinctive "The hell just happened?" button.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons