[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Free mid-fight level up heal hack! Exploit untill they fix!

Free mid-fight level up heal hack! Exploit untill they fix!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Free mid-fight level up heal hack! Exploit untill they f

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:30 pm

I think there was a version of the game where TT's Poison boon was the Poison Needle version. Everyone thought it sucked and so it got reverted, but then again it also costs its original 50 Piety price. Maybe if it were 25 Piety Poison Needle boon wouldn't suck so bad.

I'm fine with Poison because

1) Doesn't work on Undead period. Also if you're not immune to Poison or Mana Burn, poison is pretty useless on those enemies too.

2) Isn't reliable. Assassin that with it and... that's it, TT isn't preppable except as Assassins... who already have it.

3) Is very exploration hungry. If you're going to break walls with Binlor or use Imawal AND use poison at the same time, your mana reserves will probably hurt.

It's powerful yes, but this isn't the "gimp everything if it seems remotely powerful" game. If I wanted to do that I would play a support character in League of Legends.
TigerKnee

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm

@TigerKnee:

Funny last comment, I used to be a high-end HoN support :D

However, I got more stuff from your comment, and thank you for it:

1) Doesn't work on undead part is deffinitely something I'm not/wasn't taking into account. Mana Burn and Poison are also a problem (because it's a regen fighting boon).

2) What you mean by isn't reliable is that you can't prep it, which is something the dev's can decide to undo on a whim (and are being asked to). Assasins don't have it, what they have takes up an inventory slot, isn't compatible with getting all of Taurog's stuff as smoothly and costs mana to use. And wether I'd prep it on every run that doesn't have 2 confirmed undead bosses is what I'm trying to figure out, because...

3) If it really works the way I described it in the OP (the effects, not the tomfoolery), then it's an equivalent of as many mid-fight level up heal (bloodswells + schadenfraude) as long as the boss isnt undead/poisonous/has mana burn. Poison can be worked around with a poison ward or HALPMEH, and mana burn can be worked around with a Soul Orb or simply not be necessary - you're still getting a bloodswell (depending on your resists same as up to X death protections).

Why would you bother wasting exploration on anything else, really, from a pure cost-effect-effort perspective?

I'm not saying it's necessarily gimped, but if it rewards reduced gameplay in the sense that "if it works" then it works like a bunch of "bloodswell + schadenfraude" asspulls as long as you have exploration, it might explain why I don't think of the current TT unprepabble. I was prepping him all this time.

@Nandrew:

please, excuse the poor taste, and allow this thread to live, I'm done with the other one, I swear. You wouldn't believe, but this is about more than TT, and is allready usefull. Ignore it please, if it gets as much as one "lurker" coming out with his view of tiki without me scaring him off with huge text walls, as well as more pro perspective, it'll be incredibly worth it.
Last edited by Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Lujo, I might as well say this right now so I don't regret not doing it later.
I'd like you to take a step back and take look at all the posts you've been making regarding TT, and all the replies you got along the way.
And then I'd like you to take a minute to think about what the real issue here is. You see, I don't think the problem is that TT is overpowered. I think the real problem is that you're just really, really good at using him, and that once you get an idea in your head, it's really, really hard for you to let it go.
I'd say that making use of TT's full potential is not nearly as trivial as you make it sound, it's just that, again, you're really really good at using him. And I'd say that if someone is really proficient with a given strategy, it's fair that the game becomes considerably easier for them.
Personally, if I could be bothered, I could probably write as long rants as yours on how you can get a practically guaranteed victory on virtually every dungeon by prepping Mystera. But I don't think anyone (myself included) really thinks that MA is an overpowered deity. I just think, modesty aside, that I'm pretty damn good at using her.

Now, I can't claim to speak for everyone here, but I can at least recognize similar situations when I see them. What you're doing right now very much reminds me of the crusade you went on about regarding the Monk a while ago. Remember? With everyone getting pissed at you?
I know that as someone who likes to read every single post made on this forum, your insistence on this subject is really getting to me. It makes me cringe that Nandrew himself gave you a pretty clear message (I can't quite find the post in this sea of threads, but something to the effect of "no, we're not changing the way TT works") and yet you keep going on and on about it.

So once more, I'd like to ask of you to take a step back, take a deep breath, and reflect on the stance and attitude you're taking here.
And if this rant of mine perchance feels too "strong", then know that it's only because your attitude on this and other subjects have brought me to feel like this.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Nah, I like LOL too but as someone who plays support, it baffles me that there's not many patches where support characters don't go without having one of them nerfed and it's frustrating. There are certain support characters who used to have multiple playstyles available to them that are slowly being reduced to "You do nothing but buy wards for your teammates and maybe heal them once in a while."

My current favourite, Lulu, used to be able to be played with Attack Speed or as the AP carry but she's slowly being reduced to... well, the support playstyle I mentioned.
TigerKnee

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Ok, I'm backing off right now. If the thread lives long enough to yield any comparison related stuff, great, if it gets whiped, I won't really mind. I'm certanly not bringing TT up any more, and I guess I'll jsut fill out the "tactics" thread. Last post in this thread or the other one.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Nandrew

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Of course, now I feel a little dumb because I posted that immediately after you agreed to take it easy.

TT discussions can resume with more accuracy after everybody hates whatever we do on Friday ;)
Nandrew

Postby Blovski on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Blovski

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm

You also can't forget that you lose 2 piety every time the boss hits you. So the piety cost sort of scales in its own way.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons