[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Lujo's comprehensive tactics compendium

Lujo's comprehensive tactics compendium

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Lujo's comprehensive tactics compendium

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 am

@Nandrew: yeah, no unintential noob-bashing here, this is for the benefit of sane people. Just because insane people can use it a discourse terms pool to prevent textwalls, doesn't give us any right to be elitist ^^ Won't be worded that way, don't worry.

Ok, piety based spike section started on, general overview done, and so is the Taurog (and DP) section done and more streamlined than it was. Any feedback much appriciated.

I also decided to put the piety spikes right after the begginer spike, simply because they require relatively little item and class unlocks to be effectively used in the early dungeons. It might be a bit confusing because some of them enchance tanking and glyph based spikes, and I'm also sort of pointing newbies towards gods earlier than the game does, so that might change. Taurog and TT in particular require no other unlocks except them, really, which is their main perk.

Having the core of piety spikes explained before I write about Tanking and Glyph Based spikes would make streamlining the writeup on those easier, even if I end up rearranging them.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 am

Heh, no, I don't actually have any problems with the wording, I just found it mildly amusing.

Well, I mean, that said, this doesn't mean I'm officially telling people to be untactful. :P
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:50 am

Lujo

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Ok, Taurog, TT and Binlor in there, pasted the rest in a word file for editing purposes as I was runnign out of space.

Need to get more concise, but at least it's easier to check out now. Anyone really tested the Binlor spike, it only occured to me just now that it might be really really good. Iv'e been using him as a piety farm most of the time, and if Sidestepper didn't point him out in the "regen fighting" thered I wouldn't've even tought of it.

That habit there for you, powerfull feature right under my nose, and I always decesrate the bugger...

(oh, and mysterie's Refreshmen glyph fueled spike is going in there, is obscenely powerfull really)
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

haha oh man I did not know that reflex potion granted you another attack. I just used it as first strike...

GG piety spike is pretty odd, isn't it? I mean, Healthmonsterdin can use it, otherwise it's usually just saving an enlightenment for a mid-boss fight level-up (same as JJ, really). Cleansing for nailing Goo and TS, perhaps.
Blovski

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm confused... What is this thread supposed to add that the wiki doesn't already address? Also, if it is adding new stuff - can we put that in the wiki instead?
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lujo

Postby Abraxas on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Speaking of the wiki, is it just me or has it been a while since it last had any activity?
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons