Bloodmage Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bloodmage Silver

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Hmm... I just walked in there purist and didn't have too much trouble. My god was MA, but all I used her for was one shot of magic and Mystic Balance. I bought an early fine sword to kill and found an early IMAWAL. Soon after I picked up a compression seal, Penance, Bound Sword, and a Pendant of Health. I also used WONAFYT to popcorn bowl my level 1s and 2s. I ran out of exploration at level 5, but I was only a few exp short of leveling, so I used that level up to take out a level 9 wraith with IMAWAL. I used that level 6 hp bar to hit the boss, then mid-fight leveled up to 7, then mid-fight leveled to 8, then used my potions to finish him. I ended with 1 health potion and 3 mana potions. I had 114 health, 15 mana, and 66 attack (at level 8).

EDIT: I'm not sure what the lesson is, but it is something along the lines of get a lot of mid-fight dings and only buy the best stuff. EM would have been better than MA as entanglement is ridiculous and you don't even need to find IMAWAL, not to mention clearances vs the boss. Also, I only IMAWALed higher level monsters that I wasn't going to kill (level 9 zombie, all level 8s, etc).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Yeah, FINALLY got EM on 15th try and she basically solves all the major problems. Vine Form gets your early dings between the health boost and damage resist. You can pick up the drain blade if you want (I didn't) but Greenblood makes getting rid of the curse stacks much easier. Then there's always the Plantation/Clearance mana cycle which lets you fight way above your level (with the IMAWAL XP boost.) Then the Entanglement XP boost too. If they let you prep EM it'd be far more reasonable. Although that feels more like an EM puzzle than a Tinker puzzle. :/

Now to try this bloody silver Transmuter. I think that's just a matter of luck and getting the right level mobs to spawn near you.

EDIT: Or a matter of getting WONAFYT + Crystal Ball. That works too. Yee haw, all Silvers done! Hopefully to never be done again! :p
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Heh, good luck with the golds. If you really want an easy time in Tinker Silver just find a balanced dagger.

Honestly, the only challenge which really relies on luck to win is Tinker Gold. It really isn't a very interesting challenge, and it is heavily luck reliant (at least its free).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 pm

I actually have quite a few Golds done already. For some reason most of the Golds seem easier than the Silvers. Might be I'm just more used to playing in the ways the Golds want me to.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Hmm... golds tend to be more of a strategic exercise while silvers take more optimal play perhaps?

The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons