Bloodmage Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bloodmage Silver

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, I don't think this will get much notice what with the server crash and late in the week time and all... but this is still unbeatable for me. :(

I can get to lvl9, and I can sometimes kill the first form, but if I use the bloodpools to regain health for B2P I have nothing to melee the second form with. And If I'm not a gnome there is no way I'll have enough fireballs to take the first form out at all. It just seems undoable.

I've tried the -25 res sword, no help. Tried the Dwarf for bloodpool goodness - no help, used the burn salve to clear out all the corrosion plants, no help.

I think the map is just too wrong for this. I know it was sort of made more open, and all, but I just can't unlock the bloody dagger and thats it.

Anyone managed this?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby booooooze on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 pm

I did. I think I went goblin. I'll try it again.

I find most of the golds to be ridiculous.

edit: yep. It's not easy, but shouldn't take too many tries. Tried one with RBS but it's rough cleaning up popcorn unless you can find the platemail. Goblin + bear mace. Pray/scum for WEYTWUT. BYSEPPS doesn't hurt, either. Melee both forms; the knockback keeps him from blinking.
booooooze

Postby Lujo on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 am

I'll give it a try, ty. Knockback Goblin.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:37 pm

I can't even remember how I originally beat this. I've always loathed Bloodmage Silver. Which is passing strange, since I got through something like 3/4ths of the late game stuff with Dwarven Bloodmages of Dracul. Of course Bloodmage got nerfed again (-3 starting mana) since I last played them. Elven Boots are a locker item now. Heh. Of course the whole BLUDTOPOWA/APHEELSIK/BURNDAYRAZ thing still works, so yeah.
Wargasm

Postby Dreamdancer on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:45 pm

I really hate bloodmage silver. Think did it with a gnome and the pre-nerfed (or should a better say now balanced) Trisword. Tried it today again. With all ressources it beat the first form ... Was happy for a second until I realised that the boss had a second form :(
Dreamdancer

Postby Wargasm on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:16 am

Yeah, I think I must have used Tri-sword too. I originally did this back when it still spawned the curse plants and barbed bushes, but then Mage Plate was better, Tri-sword was better, et cetera. I won't say it's impossible, I know better. Still, it feels like it needs some kind of tweak because all the stuff that was useful for beating it got nerfed as well as the plants. :/

This and Labyrinth (Berserker) are by far the two most frustrating parts of the game other than VHoS.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:26 am

Actually, Bloodmage Silver is fairly doable. For some strange reason, goblin bloodmages do REALLY well on this challenge. I beat it with them 99% of the time. Also, the bear mace is key and buying a soul orb is great.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:35 am

I've had five failed gobbo BM/Soul Orb runs so far. Three of them drew me snakes as enemies. I keep trying to get a run with Midas Gloves and preferably Piercing Wand and/or Crystal Ball. I'm going in with BM, Burn Magnet, and Apothecary every time. BM/BM works fine, but I rarely have the gold to shop at all three potion stores. Hence the Midas Glove desire. Sometimes I don't get enough enemies on my side to hit L4 before doing the troll. Sometimes I knock him out of the way. Once in awhile I actually pay him. Of course paying him pretty much screws the run. Actually my dream run would be starting next to Midas Gloves, and then getting a Crystal Ball and a bunch of cheap, high-conversion items in the stores and getting a couple of Prestige refills that way.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 am

Hmm… I don't know what to suggest then. I just prepped the fireball and knocked it out on my first try. My only buy in shops was the soul orb. I killed the troll using a mid-fight level up. I used mana potions, B2P, 2 mid-fight level ups and maybe 40% of my bloodpools on form one, then my health potions and two more mid-fight level ups on form two. It wasn't anything special. Also, I didn't really level using B2P. It was HALPMEH and GETINDARE I think.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Naoya on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 am

Hm, I did it with a gnome recently - those usually have just enough breath to defeat the first form of the boss.
Mid fight dings, B2P and mana potions as well as burn popping should be enough to defeat his first form, and bloodpools + Bearmace did the second form for me. I usually skip the Troll with either PISSORF or WEYTWUT if possible, since fighting him early on is a huge pain, and kill him later to get the sensation stone. I also use B2P for leveling, since the boss blinks. You definitely want to pick up a Burn Salve to clear any Corrosion before you fight the second form, and a Soul Orb is probably the best buy you'll ever make there.

Actually, beating it again made me rediscover how good Blood gnomes still are, despite the nerfs. Used to run elves for a while now, but they usually don't benefit that much of Refreshment.
Naoya

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons