[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bloodmage Silver

Bloodmage Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bloodmage Silver

Postby booooooze on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:37 am

Ugh.

I'm missing something here, I guess. I can't get him anywhere near dead. The map just fills up with plants, and it takes too many resources to hack through them.

Anyone have pointers for me?
booooooze

Re: Bloodmage Silver

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:43 am

Hold tight :P

Bloodmage is probably still a fairly weak challenge tree overall, may even be able to get a change in this week (tweaking up some of the maps right now).
Nandrew

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Aaaand there's that B2P change to deal with as well...
dislekcia

Postby subanark on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:48 pm

While we're at it, any chance of making GG and EM kinder to Bloodmage. Choosing to worship either one of these is almost always really stupid as you get massive piety hits for using blood pools, which is both a core ability for the bloodmage, and can be difficult to avoid them if the monster you just killed was blocking your path. The piety hit is way too high.

GG/EM/Packmaster is pretty much a faithless run, except maybe getting GG at the end for 1-off protection burst after you suck all those blood pools dry (and use your potions).
subanark

Postby gjaustin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:29 pm

gjaustin

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Sidestepper

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Nandrew

Postby Darvin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Darvin

Postby Nandrew on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Ah, no, the grace and power of the Packmaster would probably offer you compression seals and item stacking. Heavy shoppers would *love* it.

Interesting thought about GG, though I think I'd thematically still prefer him to be a bit of a PITA for incoming blood-drinkers ... like making Cleanse simply remove existing bloodpools, since he has no use for them himself and it would help, uh, "straying" followers avoid dark temptations. ;)

Fine control over plantation ... hmm. Overpowered, or just fun? :)
Nandrew

Postby subanark on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 pm

I don't think there is much in the way of synergy between GM and BloodMage even if you remove the penalty.Most bloodmages wouldn't use plantation anyways at all since they would lose their health + mana gain per blood pool.

I think the piety penality for sucking up bloodpools simply needs to be lowered to reasonable levels. Taurag only has a -2 piety per glyph cast now days... 10 (which I think its at) is simply way too much.
I don't want to see people encouraged to convert to GG just for the bloodpool to whatever bonus (espically if it ends up being suck up blood pools, then convert and gain whatever bonus from that). GG is still doable as a end game switch after you exhaust your potions and bloodpools. You even get a small extra bonus if you save converting your glyph when this happens.
subanark

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons