[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bloodmage Silver

Bloodmage Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bloodmage Silver

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 am

Packmaster, rather than being a god, will be the bonus class for those who paid the $20 pre-order.

Attributes: PACKMASTER: 10 compression scrolls. Go to town.
booooooze

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:21 am

Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 am

fall_ark

Postby Nandrew on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 am

Haha, kinda wondering how many games prominently feature lutefisk in the first place :D
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

"Referencing" something from that game should cause a huge explosion on the same principles ^^

"Yo, dawg, we hear you like references..." :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TheJohns on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Getting back to the actual topic, I think the boss should at least not spawn those OHKO barbs. I can clear as many of the other plants as I want, but the barbs are impossible, they clutter up the map and eventually it gets to the point where you can't get to the boss and you're out of every resource. In other words, this challenge is borderline impossible.
TheJohns

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 am

Does the new function of the B2P glyph help with this at all?

It should mean that with a little spare health you should be able to bust a Barbing Bush in emergency situations no matter where you are on the map. At that point, it's really just a matter of whether or not you've *completely* run out of exploration (as opposed to old B2P which was still dependent on mobility).
Nandrew

Postby Abraxas on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I just played around with this challenge a little, and the impression I got is that you end up being way too dependent on luck for plant spawns. I swear to god I had cases where twice or thrice in a row I'd strike the boss, he'd blink to the other side of the map, and multiple barbing bushes/mana burn plants would spawn around the bridge, forcing me to deal with them.
It doesn't help that if you're fighting the boss with fireballs, killing plants triggers burning, spawning even more plants, and how easily plants can block you from using blood pools.
All in all, I just think there are way too many plants.
That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Abraxas

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Same, back when I was doing silver challenges extensively, this one made me give up after abot 4-5 + tries. On account of what Abraxas said.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Back when this was a real quest, I completely gave up on attempting to use BURNDAYRAZ on the boss. It just deals too little damage per hit and you end up spawning too many plants. You need to go pure melee with an all-in focus on attack damage or you get cut off too soon.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons