Bloodmage Silver

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bloodmage Silver

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:57 pm

But now he has Physical Resistance, so you can't really. Burning shouldn't spawn plants.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 pm

It's keeping the lifesteal item as the last thing I haven't unlocked which can turn up in a shop. I even managed my first and only gold challenge so far, the Paladin. But this is insane. (Also, wasn't there grumbling abot Paladin Gold, a while back, what's up with that? Did they change it?)

Wait, does Bloodmage silver level spawn BYCEPPS?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:23 pm

I would really like to see more strategy discussions about the various challenges. Especially since I have almost no experience with them, since they were introduced during my hiatus. Even a list of the challenges with suggested race/preps would be nice.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Before clearance gave you mana it was considerably harder. That's what's up with the grumbles.

Hmm... Speaking of class challenges, what do you guys think of the current Assassin Gold.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby subanark on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:35 pm

If I remember correctly I didn't have too much trouble with it (well this was before the assassin nerf). I did end up gaining a ton of xp in the sub dungeon though.
subanark

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 am

Now he can't be poisoned, so you are FORCED to fight at a -20% disadvantage.

The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 am

Shame, I think making the assassin boss undead makes that challenge less interesting. As it was you had a ton of interesting ways you could take him on (weytwut + poison w. venom ward to hammer the blinking, fireballing to death, whatever you can do now)... now you're really just looking to spike the bugger to death in a suboptimal scenario.
Blovski

Postby Nandrew on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 am

I'll look at Bloodmage Silver again this week. I may, er, have just had a really really lucky run when I last played it. :P

I'll also playtest Assassin Gold properly. The boss got changed as a reaction to lifesteal being in a state of flux, so I wanted a more stable status effect to replace it until that got more settled. If it's making the scenario less interesting, I'll certainly look to address it.
Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:37 am

The best I managed was getting him down to 6 death protections. Plants weren't a problem because I kep killing all of them except the bushes, and the cursed ones made my platemail useless (I wonder if it's any good as an investment considering you seem to have to kill all of the plants you can at some point).

Has BYCEPPS ever spawned for anyone? It would make the map a whole lot easier, and never seems to spawn.

If it's any help to anyone trying to do it as is here's what I tried 2 times just now: Orc Bloodmage with magnet:fireball and quest items for soul orb. I tried to smask him with physical as much as I can and if I use fireballs i try not to set off burning except by hitting him.

Since WONNAFYT and WHEYTWUT spawn often I always try to make a popcorn bowl, and level catapult as efficently as possible. I got to lvl9 this time around. Also, Gloves of Midas help a lot, I guess.

EDIT: I managed to reach the second form with a Dvarwen Bloodmage using BYCSEPPS, but I ran out of fuel... If burning didn't spawn plant it'd be doable. Also, the curse plants make damage resistance useless for the second form, and you cant fight the first form without killing them.
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, I don't think this will get much notice what with the server crash and late in the week time and all... but this is still unbeatable for me. :(

I can get to lvl9, and I can sometimes kill the first form, but if I use the bloodpools to regain health for B2P I have nothing to melee the second form with. And If I'm not a gnome there is no way I'll have enough fireballs to take the first form out at all. It just seems undoable.

I've tried the -25 res sword, no help. Tried the Dwarf for bloodpool goodness - no help, used the burn salve to clear out all the corrosion plants, no help.

I think the map is just too wrong for this. I know it was sort of made more open, and all, but I just can't unlock the bloody dagger and thats it.

Anyone managed this?
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons