[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Astral on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:36 am

Direct KB is physical Lujo. If you don't believe me, send a JJ Half-Dragon to Northern Desert, put your bosses next to walls or each other and observe the damage you would do to each one.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:47 am

You mean the first hit is always physical if you use Pissorf?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:59 am

No. I'mean if you target your boss with Pissorf and push it into something, it's physical.
If you target, say a nearby meatman and push that into the boss, you will do the same damage to the boss as you did to the meatman, ignoring the PR of that boss. Same with regular knockback.

Also, it's possible to misuse indirect KB. If you hit a 50% PR goo blob into a resistless target you're wasting half of your KB damage.
Astral

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Ah, so the first target gets physical damage knockback, and the second target gets typeless knockback? I just did a few attempts at Creeplight with a Half-Dragon and it seems to be like you say. Which is WEIRD. Why does it even ever bypass resists o.O ?
Lujo

Postby Astral on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Don't know, if I had to guess, it was implemented to make calculations easier.
Just imagine having to calculate what happens if you're trying to kill Lord Gobb by pushing him into the Tower of Goo on a map where you took Green Blood a couple of times and have MW on, so they both have different amount of corrosion.
Astral

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Not bugs as such:

- The XP prediction for Balanced Dagger is off at least in combination with Slayer Wand (they stack but it doesn't show untill you do it)

- Also possibly with Imawal, although I'm not sure

- You don't get shown how much mana you get from converting glyphs for refreshment when you hover them over the CP bar.

---

And just in case it's happening to anyone else, the game just closed on me after alt-tabing now, second time today. Steam, XP SP3.

3rd time - this time it's a legit crash, with a report and all:

Lujo

Postby Tinker on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:02 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:06 pm

^ Except it's unlisted, obscure, really poweful and makes pissorff obnoxious, but, err, I did make the knockback thread for a reason, it's probably not bug thread material.

---

The pathing stuff (pathing sometimes ignoring blackspace you'd reveal by moving up to a monster) can get really annoying on the Goatperson, btw. And lethal. Just in case it's not on a list somewhere allready. If it's not way tighter than it is it could cause a lot of fiddlyness on the mobile version.
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:04 am

Encountered a weird teleport bug in Naga City. I teleported one of the spectator monsters onto the entrance tile. So when I killed the current wave of bosses, I got teleported back onto the same tile. I did not see any adverse effect otherwise, i.e. I could move away, then I could interact with the monster normally, still it was a bit strange:

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby lieronet on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:23 pm

If you have first strike and hit an Animated Armor, and the hit would remove a DP, you still take damage as if the AA hadn't lost the DP. Sacrificed my daily today to test, so I really hope this is a bug and not intended behavior.
lieronet

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons