[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Urthop on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:59 am

Assassins don't trigger Dracul's piety loss on undead kill if they kill a lower level undead. They do trigger piety gain for kills on lower level monsters though.

If this bug is somehow related to a specific dungeon I don't know, but it's the dungeon with the Halfling Wizard, Sorcerer and Bloodmage quest that unlocks the Witchalok Pendant. (Sorry, I forgot the exact name of the dungeon)
Urthop

Postby squirrelnest on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:39 pm

the last 3 times i finished a dungeon that would unlock a god, my game has crashed. it gets stuck on the loading screen. the game seems to remember some of what happened before the crash- it remembers that the class i just used has beaten the dungeon, but i don't get any gold, and the god stays locked. it happened in 3 different dungeons when TT, GG, and binlor should have unlocked. i had to open the task manager and close DD though that.

not sure if this is even the right place for bugs on the steam version?

anyways, have a nice day.
squirrelnest

Postby Pyrrh on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Minor bug: When starting the game, the music will always play for a few seconds, as your profile loads. Once your profile is loaded, the music will start over - which is a tiny bit jarring - and use whatever volume setting your profile has for the music. If it's set to 0 (music off), then your profile fully loading will (appropriately) make the music cut off.

I suggest that in the first few seconds before one's profile has loaded, instead of the music always playing at default volume, that no music play at all. Once the profile loads, only then would the music start (unless the music is set to be off).
Pyrrh

Postby squirrelnest on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:01 am

squirrelnest

Postby Urthop on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:25 am

The support forum is filled with a number of people having the same issues, they're working on it, but well, holidays makes that a bit slower I guess.
Urthop

Postby Urthop on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Urthop

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:54 pm

I currently have a kingdom ("Tharwain") that causes the web-player to crash whenever it saves. My other kingdoms are unaffected.

Some things save correctly, for instance class completion of a dungeon. Other things do not save correctly, such as kingdom gold earning and altar unlocks (I've encountered the Pactmaker twice, and he gave Scholar's Pact both times, indicating his script is not advancing). The first instance of this crash coincided with the first appearance of the Pactmaker subdungeon, and also was my first run on Shifting Passages.
Darvin

Postby Pyrrh on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:32 am

Pyrrh

Postby Pyrrh on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:39 am

1) Not sure if this is a bug or intentional: Dracul awards piety for using lifesteal two times per monster (assuming it has blood, of course): when you first hit it with a lifestealing blow, and also if your finishing blow does lifesteal. (Note that if you KO a monster in one blow, then you only get Lifesteal-piety once.) Dracul's Codex entry says "Dracul will give you piety for every XP-valuable monster you steal life from.", which is ambiguous. Is the way it is now intended; is Dracul supposed to give Piety for every lifestealing blow; or is only the first time you lifesteal a monster (or even only the finishing blow) supposed to award piety?

2) My death gaze here is at 25%. Aequitas' health is at 63/348 = just over 18%. Why am I getting a "Death" prediction? Does being Cursed make Death Gaze not work?

Note that the prediction does suggest that I'd remove all of his 63 health, despite my attack being only 40, and Aequitas only having 3 stacks of burning. If the prediction here is accurate, my guess as to what's going on is that being Cursed is removing Death Gaze's "first strike" capacity, but otherwise leaves it working normally.

Also note that my next course of action was to quaff three health potions, then deal the finishing blow. I lost the health I had just regained, meaning the problem (if there is one) isn't that "while the prediction is wrong, otherwise death gaze is worked as expected".

For comparison's sake, here's the second boss I fought in the same dungeon:
Here Death Gaze worked as expected. I was able to kill Bleaty immediately, despite being lower-level and my attack being lower than Bleaty's remaining health.

3) A minor issue: Nowhere in the Gorgon's description does it say that they start with 10% Death Gaze, or that they're immune to Death Gaze. In contrast, the Half-Dragon's description does say that they start with 20% knockback.
Pyrrh

Postby lolQuaff on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:34 am

Deathgaze is definitely confusing. How I think it works is that once the enemy is under the deathgaze%, you do a first strike of your base damage before any other damage is calculated. After that first strike the rest of the damage is calculated normally. I am not sure about this so hopefully someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

In the Aequitas fight your base damage deathgaze strike isn't enough to deal the killing blow, so after the rest of the damage is calculated you end up with Death because it's Aequitas' turn to deal the next blow.

With all that said, it doesn't explain why you aren't taking damage from Bleaty. Even with the corrosion and burning, your deathgaze strike isn't enough to finish him off, yet you still aren't taking damage from him so I must be misunderstanding something.
lolQuaff

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons