[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby squirrelnest on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:19 am

This may be intended, it may be a bug, I'm not sure.

The boss of Hex Ruins, Stheno, seems to be immune to Mystera's weakening boon. This was after I had hit her once and she fed on the life force of however many dozen monsters were left in the level.
squirrelnest

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:28 pm

"Look upon the waters" subdungeon appears to be crashing. I accidentally clicked through the crash message and wasn't able to capture it.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 pm

The bronze Bloodmage quest lets you restore mana from drinking blood as soon as you get the Sanguine ability, even before you get the Power-Hungry ability. However, the "mana from blood" trait is listed under the latter ability.

"likelihood" in the Quest Items tooltip at the Bazaar should be spelled "likelihood"

The Venom Dagger's description refers to it as a sword.

Swift Hands disables your poison attack (from Tikki Tooki's boon and from the Venom Dagger). I realize that's fairly inconsequential since the monster is, you know, dead, but it does mean less piety from TT and no penalty from GG. It's also inconsistent with the Assassin losing temporary attack buffs from a Swift Hands kill, which to me suggests that Swift Hands augments but does not replace the normal attack (Might, magical attack via Cleansing). Granted, I suppose TT-worshiping Assassins don't really need the extra piety.

Swift Hands also doesn't prevent you from getting cursed, which seems odd since Swift Hands lets you bypass every other enemy special ability, including death protection. (But then it also doesn't prevent a corrosive enemy from leaving behind an acid pool, although that's not a direct effect on the player and is usually fairly easy to avoid...) Honestly, I'm not particularly fond of Cursed being inflicted both when the monster strikes you and when you finally kill the monster. It seems like it should be one or the other. Cursed is a freakishly powerful ailment as it is, so not applying upon monster death doesn't strike me as making things too easy.
q 3

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:10 am

This line in the journal item from the Thief silver challenge seems somewhat misleading to me:

"there's bound to be one or two drunken oafs and rookies thrown into the mix *somewhere*."

I read that to mean that some of the guards would be substantially weaker than their level would indicate, e.g., that there'd be one or two level 7-9 guards with the stats of a level 3-6 guard. So I spent most of the dungeon scrutinizing the stats of each guard very carefully, and unless I overlooked something, their stats are all in line with their levels. If the journal is referring only to the fact that there are low level guards, my suggestion would be to take out "drunken oafs" and refer only to "rookies" because mentioning both suggests (to me, at least) that they are referencing two distinct types of enemy.
q 3

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:38 am

After beating complicated tasks part six, the witch mentions a "beta screw-up earlier" which doesn't make much sense anymore. At least, not that I'm aware of.

The "there was an error saving" dialogue doesn't play well with the pop-ups for finished and new quests. They overlap and it's ugly and confusing. I'd suggest having quest dialogues not display until the saving dialogue is resolved.
q 3

Postby q 3 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 am

When you unlock him as a class, the Transmuter tells you to call on him whenever you need some walls destroyed. That... isn't what they do anymore. (sniff)
q 3

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 am

In fact, their item and storyline don't really make much sense anymore. That needs revision.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:56 pm

The first tutorial cannot be completed. It should complete upon horrific death by goat. Also, the halfling's and gnome's claims that they are dying make no sense since they have max hp. Also, tutorial 1 gives you +1 exp per kill despite the fact you're an adventurer.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons