[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby chandl34 on Tue May 05, 2015 2:39 am

I can't select this PQI. I've seen this twice: both times on Slime Pit and with halflings. Not sure if the class and badge were the same.

In this case, I had just done the exact same PQI combination on Grimm's Grotto. I restarted the game, and the PQI was replaced with a goblin rogue warmonger on the Slime Pit.

chandl34

Postby Tinker on Tue May 05, 2015 7:09 am

Out of curiousity, if you just do it (i.e. without selecting the PQI, but just select the map, pick he same class/race combination, and achieve the intended badge), does it register?

Normally if you do the PQI like that, it also gives you the reward and registers quest completion. I used this method to do Rat Monarch PQIs when it was still bugged to ask for Human Rat Monarchs... ;)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby chandl34 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:29 am

It happened again, so I got a chance to test it. It did still give me the PQI reward.
chandl34

Postby Tinker on Wed May 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Weird, weird bug: I just Gorgoned Vicious Steel, and after a while Count BlahBlah started to blink away despite me having a Bear Mace!! I suspect (wild guess coming up) that somehow once his health got below my Deathgaze%, I did not deliver my normal attack (that triggers knockback, pushes him back and therefor prevents Blink), but rather a special Deathgaze attack that triggered Blink before Knockback got a chance to be applied.

On a similar note, and this may be a feature not a bug, anyway, Deathgaze seems to deliver unmodified unresistable damage based on *base attack only*. So what this means is that if you have a positive attack bonus, you will not necessarily be able to deathgaze-kill the monster, unless their health is also below your base damage. Example: I had 42 base attack and 30% bonus (total damage 54). BlahBlah had 43 health. Predictor shows: BlahBlah survives at 1 health and kills me.
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Thu May 07, 2015 1:20 am

MTaur

Postby MTaur on Thu May 07, 2015 1:23 am

I'm not 100% convinced that Deathgaze should trigger Knockback, either. Or that it shouldn't trigger Blink. So it's an interesting find that I hadn't thought about, but maybe more of an obscure mechanic than an actual bug IMO.

EDIT: Was there an enemy or wall behind him? Did the damage prediction fail? That would still be a bug to me, all other things being equal to what they should be for the sake of argument.
MTaur

Postby Tinker on Thu May 07, 2015 4:46 am

Last edited by Tinker on Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Thu May 07, 2015 5:20 am

MTaur

Postby Tinker on Thu May 07, 2015 8:52 am

Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 am

I think what might be happening is that the order is basic strike - check for knockback - check position - if position is not next to you than blink. But if position is also checked after deathgaze but before knockback then the blinker would blink before knockback is checked for. Or something.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons