Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Bug reports (Spoilers ahoy!)

Postby Lynzkar on Sat May 31, 2014 5:11 pm

If you have the amulet of yendor, left click on an enemy (with rightclick-to-attack-mode) it will give you the option to use the amulet, together with the health potion and such. If you now go back to your full inventory and use the amulet of yendor there, it will be consumed like normal, but if you now go back to the monster tab, you can use it again, to achive a total of 100 exp boost. (Not sure if I explained this good enough)
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Average Joe on Sat May 31, 2014 6:31 pm

The codex entry for the GETINDARE glyph contains a misspelled word: dissapate should be "dissipate."

Also, the entry for Magical Attack has an icon that does not match the one on the monster description panels during the actual game. The codex has a sword and the monster panel has claws? Can't really tell what it is supposed to be. Looks like the mana burn icon. The sword is better.
Average Joe

Postby Lynzkar on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 pm

(Again a bug with the left click while in rightclick to attack mode) WEYTWUT will allways succeed on enemies with 50% magic resist or less, when using it from the "left-click-menu", activated through rightclick-to-attack. (No idea what to call it)
Edit : It will never succeed if they have more than 50% magic resist.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby booooooze on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't think that this is intentional, and I'm sure that others know about it, but anyway: indulgences block pacts, which is mildly annoying.
booooooze

Postby collapsinghrung on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:02 pm

If your regular attack would do more than 25% of the monster's current health, using a Can of Whupaz and hitting will first apply your full combat damage, and then additionally apply the Whupaz *0.75 effect. The combat prediction will show you doing 25% of the monster's health, but you actually do much more.

The example I demonstrated this with:

goblin assassin, level 5, 20 attack (base of 25 minus 20%), hits poisoned level 5 Serpent in Venture Cave. Without Whupaz, combat prediction accurately shows that the attack will take the serpent from 54 to 24. With Whupaz, prediction shows that the attack will take the serpent from 54 to 40... but it actually takes it from 54 to 18. By astonishing coincidence, 18 is 75% of 24.
collapsinghrung

Postby Eiphel on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Sometimes - I haven't been able to work out exactly when but I notice it a fair amount - when my mana drops below the required amount for a glyph, the glyph icon doesn't grey out until I click it.
Eiphel

Postby TheSchachter on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:09 pm

For the second time now, I've had a crash on the standalone GOG version of the game. The game freezes and eventually crashes. Both times, it happened when quickly selecting Leave on the god panel after taking a boon (first time was with Binlor, don't remember which boon; this time it was Mystera, taking refreshment). I haven't been able to reproduce this intentionally, so unfortunately it only seems to happen in the middle of a fun run :P (and of course, it's possible that 'quickly leaving the altar screen' is not actually related to the cause of the crash, but it's all I've got to go on right now).

The fact that when I play the GOG version of the game I'm on a computer which always has a bunch of useless stuff running in the background affecting performance probably doesn't help, but I figured I ought to report this anyway. I haven't had any similar occurrences on the steam or browser version on my own computer.

Here's a screenshot of the specific state the game froze in when happened for the second time. I notice that the piety counter on the altar panel is not updated whereas the piety counter on the character panel already is; no idea if it's relevant, but thought I'd bring it up just in case:

Hope this is helpful in some way!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby TheSchachter on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:34 am

Just got a crash. This is in the GoG standalone version. I had beaten both bosses in Hexx Ruins and was doing the shop buyout quest (no. 2) for Bezar. I crashed when I used a Transmutation Scroll on my Viper Ward. Here's the crash stack:

Let me know if you need any more info!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby CoolBoy on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 am

The description of "curse-bearer" ends with a period. The other status descriptions do not end with a period.
CoolBoy

Postby secondserpentarius on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:58 am

I should have taken a screenshot of it, but here goes.

Gorgon's Poison Strike + Whurrgarbl (Burning Strike) + Same Level Enemy (Level 1) = 999 Poison???

I'm trying to replicate it as we speak, but getting a Whurrgarbl to spawn is taking awhile.
secondserpentarius

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons